Latest addition to my Mazda Family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest addition to my Mazda Family....

In all her glory, I present Miata #2. I picked her up today for $750. It's obviously not the prettiest car in the world with the exterior blemishes, but I can fix that with no problem. The biggest issue is the infamous short nose crank failure. However, I plan to have the engine sitting in my garage next weekend under the knife and should have no problem with the remedy. The car is complete including the original driver's side door (which can be easily fixed by me). This Miata is a '90 MY A-package with 114k miles (just a baby when compared to other Miatas).

I am presented with several options. These include a complete restoration, complete restoration with turbo addition, and Spec Miata Racer. I could make my money back by just parting the car out, but there's just no way I could do that.

I already have a crank shaft that is awaiting polishing. That plus new main and rod bearings should get her running without a hitch.

Just thought I'd share. That makes one Protege5 and two Miatas.....what an addiction :/ . Thanks, Paul!! :D
    Last edited by kcbhiw; 12-13-2003, 11:47 PM.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

I love project cars. My buddy just got a 93 Grand Am that we are going to build to be a sleeper. I say definately go with a turbo.

Comment

This is a good project car. I bet its fun tricking out a Miata. If I was not so tall, I would definately be looking for deal like this and build myself an autocrosser, or a weekend get-away car. I was thinking of getting a 95-96 Nissan 240SX SE, 5-speed, and put a Garret T-25 or T-28, and have fun with that. Goodluck with your new baby!
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Nice!
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

DUDE that cars not bad at all, thats a good find, good job man.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Awsome! Now all you need is a 1st gen!
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

nice find, as far as your choisces go...I'm a bit impartial to BOOST

Comment

competitive SM's are expensive to prep and race... are you ready?
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                  competitive SM's are expensive to prep and race... are you ready?
                  hehe...I know. That's why I'm keeping my options open. I may just hold on to the car until my budget allows me to participate in SM
                  -Kevin
                  -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
                  -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
                  -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
                  -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
                  -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Wow, hellish good find for $750!!!!
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Congrats on the new Miata. That was a nice find for only $750.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

750!! wow man!!!! ur gonna have fun!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!!!!
                        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

sweet find, I love mazda's. They are great cars at a low price.
                          Damn 750 is a sweet frigin deal. If I were in your shoes, I would have taken that deal also ..
                          good luck
                          Bruce
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I definately vote for her to be boosted. I'm kinda partial. She still holds a little sentimental value since she was my first car. I should jacked up the price on her on sold it for more. Oh well...my loss.
                            If she ever gets boosted I'll take the 6 hour trip and you'll have to let me take her for a spin.
                            If anybody wants more pics...page 4 of my site. I'll have to change it a little to say I've given it up.
                            This will come if I get to drive it again....

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I should have introduced you to Charles(Bassmaster) while you were up here. If you've been hanging with the FI crowd long on miata.net you should know the name and the prestige. I'm not sure if he's still got the V-8 killer but I know he's been pondering parting it out and hopping up the M3 he bought a while back. He was #9 and has run times around 5 or 6.Worlds fastest Miatas
                              Keep me updated on what happens to it. You've got my #, email, and address. I'm sure you can get in touch somehow.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                              Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                              I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X