component set and 6x9's on 1 amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

component set and 6x9's on 1 amp

I should already know this!OK I plan to run my kappa c.s. and 6x9's off a 2 channel punch 301s at 2 ohms stereo.Both 6x9's on 1 channel and the c.s. on the other channel.Signal fed through my front rca output on my alpine deck.{only has 2 rca's out and the other ones for my subs}So by doing it this way will I still get the sound from songs that fade from the front to rear speakers?Or will i only recieve sound meant for the front speakers since it's on the front rca's?

First off - let's get a few things straight.

CD's do not fade front to back. They are recorded in stereo, and fade right to left. Surround sound (DVDs) have multiple channels of audio, but traditional CDs have only two.

If you hook up the right channel of your amp to your front speakers, and the back to the left channel, YES - you get a "front-to-back" stereo image, but this is far from desireable. And all you're really doing is hooking things up wrong.

If you run only the front RCAs to your amp, and hook all the speakers up correctly, you should still get left/right separation, but you will lose the ability to fade from front to back using your deck's controls.

So, I would either:

1. Forget the 6x9's. You want all your sound up front with you anyway, and hooking these speakers up will most likely not give you desireable performance.

2. Hook the channels up LEFT AND RIGHT. Put the left front AND rear speaker on the LEFT channel, and same with the right. Don't use left for the fronts and right for the rears - the point of stereo sound is to hear left and right, not forward and back.

Personally, I'd choose option #1.

~HH

Comment

^^^^ yep, what he said just don't amp the 6x9's, no need for it

Comment

I'm not understanding why you say the 6x9's need no amp.Why not run em all off the amp since I can.the c.s will be screaming and I 'll never even hear the rear speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dodson3
          the c.s will be screaming and I 'll never even hear the rear speakers.
          That's the point.

Rear speakers are for rear-seat passengers - not for drivers. Your best setup as far as sound quality is concerned is to have the power up front, not in back. If you feel you "need" rear fill, running them off the head unit is a fine way to do that.

You asked for advice and you got it.

Now go do whatever you want!

~HH

Comment

easy killa

ok man i understand and i do appreciate the advice.In no way was i trying to dis anyone, just asking questions yo.

Comment

Working...
            X