Window popping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window popping!

Well as of this week my drivers side window when i put it all the way down or up she starts popping. Very fast like a machine gun. i have no idea what this could be??. Also my rear passenger side window has been getting stuck. Ive read that silicone spray on the seals will make it glide like new has anyone tryed this? ..Thanx

huh, fancy power window crap.
    00 dakota 4x4
    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

sounds to me like it's getting stuck in the track or it's out of alignment and slips off off the track and the motor bottoms out and the teeth jump/grind.

some lube in the tracks will definetley help

Comment

i had this problem...its the motor actuator or something? i just took it apart, cleaned it really good and put it back

Comment

Do you have non-factory speakers in the front doors? I do in my 323, and while the window will go down all the way, on the way up, it catches on the speaker a little bit, tilts the window slightly forward, and then gets set on the rail properly. Could be the same issue?
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
            Do you have non-factory speakers in the front doors? I do in my 323, and while the window will go down all the way, on the way up, it catches on the speaker a little bit, tilts the window slightly forward, and then gets set on the rail properly. Could be the same issue?
            Yes i do have some aftermarket speakers. Hmm lol i will take it apart if i have time this weekend after the protege meet .

Comment

It sounds like the guide sprocket is worn out. If you look at the pic below, the sprocket is 58-581. It runs the part that's marked 58-592B. It's a plastic tube that has something similar to a string of large pearls inside. The sprocket is a cupped gear, although it doesn't look like it in the pic. What happens is that the gear wears out. When you open or shut the window the gear slips and that string of balls in the tube runs across it and makes a popping noise. You can get the sprocket from your Mazda dealer for about $12. To replace it, you will have to take out the glass, motor, regulator - basically everything. It's not that hard, you just have to do it in a certain order.

Last edited by beachnut; 09-06-2003, 08:40 PM.
              Scott
              '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
              '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
              '98 Volvo V70 T5
              '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Working...
              X