im not gettting through the firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not gettting through the firewall

im trying to setup my power wires for my amp, yet i cant get through the firewall out to the battery. does anyone know where theres a hole for me to get the wires through? or where to drill? thanks.

Mine goes through the same hole as the spedo cable.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

look under the glove box on the floor right against tthe center consol is a hole with a rubber gromet cut a slit in the rubber gromet and it works perfect
      i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
        look under the glove box on the floor right against tthe center consol is a hole with a rubber gromet cut a slit in the rubber gromet and it works perfect
        Wow...he actually said something that makes sense.
        It's not a matter of not being able to it just takes a little work. But if you don't want to go through the firewall you can go underneith the car. I've got my 4G power cable running down the frame and have it clipped to the frame. It comes through the trunk about where the spare sits and is grometed there.
        Last edited by MazdaMania; 12-08-2003, 04:02 PM.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
        Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
        I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
          Wow...he actually said something that makes sense.
          It's not a matter of not being able to it just takes a little work. But if you don't want to go through the firewall you can go underneith the car. I've got my 4G power cable running down the frame and have it clipped to the frame. It comes through the trunk about where the spare sits and is grometed there.
          Also a good idea, I might end up doing this for my pro, it doesn't have any nice grommeted places on the firewall like my 323 does.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Here's mine. That's a 4 gauge wire coming through the opening. It was there already but wasn't wide enough so I had to drill a larger opening - piece of cake.

Comment

if you have an auto, you can always go through the hole where the clutch pedal would bolt to i've got 1/0, 4 guage, and about 10 other wires run through it

Comment

Working...
              X