Off brand swap but impressive none the less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off brand swap but impressive none the less

I know this is way off brand here but it is a very impressive swap and my be possible in a 323 or mx3 depending on wheelbase. Thread took me bout a hour, hour and a half to read but lots of good fab. pics and some videos.

Conversions & Swaps - newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car - ok....i know i know.....dont rag me to hard guys..... i had a couple cars laying around so i thought i would combine them......i see how often u rag on honda's.....but come on....this is gonna be hilarious..... 2000 corvette...
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mspeed323awd

1: I'd hate to line up with him

2:I'd hate to have to do engine work on that.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

look at the rear tires on that vette..

holy schnikes!!

that thing was never trounced!!
      miss my '93 LX at every corner
      photo album
      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

that is friggen sick!!! too bad he used a honda shell, major props though!
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

there is videos of his reving it somewhere on the net.... its just sick!
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
            there is videos of his reving it somewhere on the net.... its just sick!
            this is all I could find
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=_dimra6Ucj0
            Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
            Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This page has the night runs videos. Not too clear but sounds scary fast.
              I had originally posted this thinking a 323, GTX, or MX3 body could be substituted. But after further research the 95 up protégé is the only thing with a remotely close wheelbase being 102.6(8). As the Corvette has a 104.5 wheelbase. Unfortunately I don't think that it would be very functional with a 4 door sedan as far back as the seating position and dash would have to be placed. But as a enthusiast I also thought maybe some people hadn't seen this swap yet. And it's always cool to see someone doing something different and helping us to spark or carry through with some our own projects.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/mspeed323awd

Comment

I'd be really scared when I heard that engine sitting next to me at a light. Then I'd look over and drop a duece seeing that the sound was coming from a civic
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i lol'd at

Procedure for replacing oil sending unit:

Step 1. Remove Radio.

looks like a good time none the less.

Comment

Its "different" in a sense because probably nobody did it. But its also the same. Why? Because its a honduh. And its a ls1 swap. Together its different but thats about it!
                    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

shoulda done it to a geo metro lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah the Civette - the guy did good work. The NOPI burnout was hellacious.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

He started his swap a few months before I started the Probevette - I had to sell my LS1 due to budget issues so I'll finish my RWD Probe with a KLZE now, but one day there'll be an LS1 in there - there is NO replacement for that sound
                        '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                        '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                        10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                        490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                          Ah the Civette - the guy did good work. The NOPI burnout was hellacious.

He started his swap a few months before I started the Probevette - I had to sell my LS1 due to budget issues so I'll finish my RWD Probe with a KLZE now, but one day there'll be an LS1 in there - there is NO replacement for that sound
                          And that right there is why, if I get 30k laying about with nothing else to do, I will go to http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html and order up thier 2300lb tubeframe midengine LS1 kit car. Well, maybe a touch more thna 30k cuz it'll take an LS7 and if I ever build such a beast then the LS7 simply HAS to find its way in there. See, the trouble with supercars is that if you drive it everyone will hate you for being a poseur showoff too-rich too-dumb arrogant prick. Even if you aren't. A kit car is lowbrow and always will be, which makes is even more fun when said lowbrow hunk of homebuilt junk ****s all over the spendy thoroughbred....same reasons I like my protege so much, it's just that this thing here brings it to a whole new level!

So get on it, put that LS1 in that Probe and post vids....it'll be fantastic.
                          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally Posted by Civette
                            sorry guys my computer has been out of commission for a while.......
                            been to the drag strip in it......finally.....car also was tuned and made 405 whp and 376 ft lbs

i cant get my videos from my camera yet on here.....

but someone else posted some on youtube

spun real bad here and just let off....

me not driving for **** again......played to hard on this one....lol this is old.....car is fixed

Updated 4/29/08 Car is still running and looking good in electric blue now, don't ask Travis If it is dead anymore, its still alive, more to comeTube frame o...
                            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                              1: I'd hate to line up with him

2:I'd hate to have to do engine work on that.
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X