Upper Rear Strut bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper Rear Strut bar?

Does anyone know if the rear struts use the same bar as the fronts do? and if so think it would cause a clearance issue with my rear 6x9's?

nonono... I already posted on this and what you have to do ...

the rear bar is different. You would have to custom make it . The rear of the 2nd gen has 3 bolts instead of 2 like the 1st gen.

The rear bar for a 1st gen will fit but you just have to custom drill the holes. Which is a cinch .. let me find the link
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

here ya go

upper rear strut bar install on a 2nd gen protege
      Get the best of SEO, WordPress, and Blogging with detailed guides, reviews, and comparisons articles. With our insightful articles select the right products and follow our tested strategies to grow your business.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

so what/were did you get eh 1st gen bar from?

Comment

ofa ebay...
          it''s a ractive bar ...
          I will see if I can find ya a link when I go to work

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

look in my garage for a picture of a REAL strut bar. that is what you need to do.
            find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

yea thats col an all except it wouldnt work for 2 reasons...I dont know how to weld and there is an amp and sub box and wood in teh way and soon to be a dvd changer and 2 other amps.... so yea cant do that

Comment

So yes, you can use the same bar that you have on the front. 1gen, 2gens and mx3 use the same bar front and back.
                I think B meant "...4 bolts like the first gen" and not 2 bolts. I had to drill for my fronts too...
                Attached Files

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Yeah, I had to drill for mine too. It really wasn't that hard.
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

na damn, I didn't get the link for you ...
                    shoot ... it's on imagestations slow ass site ...

here ya go
                    Get the best of SEO, WordPress, and Blogging with detailed guides, reviews, and comparisons articles. With our insightful articles select the right products and follow our tested strategies to grow your business.

go there and check out the pictures. everything is pretty self explanatory till my site is done, then I can do a how to..
                    Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                    X