LX auto gear ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX auto gear ratios

is there anyway to reduce the gear changing ratios...

coz when i accelerate, the gear upshifts but with a pretty weird jerk, the whole car jerks backwards and comes normal, after the change of gear

i know its an auto, but i know something can be done abt it

thanks

other than getting a new tranny. i'm not sure there is much you can do. it sounds like your tranny is suffering. a rebuild would do you a lot of good. but then again so would an auto to manual conversion
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

how many miles are on your transmission? even my rebuilt transmission with 40,000 miles on it has been pretty much jerky from the start. personally, i've been driving my auto lx for so long, i've developed a method of how much pressure i put on the accelerator.. and 90% of the time, the transmission won't jump or jerk between gears. the only thing i could recommend is having the transmission serviced, make sure all the seals are good and have the fluid changed.. should be under $100 bucks for fluid change alone. if your transmission is on it's way south.. the ONLY real tell tale sign you can find sitting in the drivers seat is if your car A) won't move or B) cruises 25 mph at around 4,500 rpms :p: . as such, i wouldn't recommend using the "S" setting on the shifter, just use the "L" setting. also, down downshift the transmission by moving the drive gear selector down any.. nor should you rev the enigne in neutral and throw it into drive. also, come to a complete stop when pulling out of reverse and into drive. common sense, but some people never learn (like me .. hence needing a new transmission). luckily, they were stupid enough to replace my transmission instead of charging me :p: . also, WOT launches and high rpm driving (over 5,000 rpms) will save your transmission as well as the motor.
      peace

Comment

the last time i spoke to my mechanic, he said the transmission was good... but looks like i'll need to check it again....
        my mileage is running on abt 116k. I drive in 'D', never used the 'S' or the 'L'.

but yeah, thanks for the help guys....
        Last edited by whistler; 12-08-2003, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X