1.8 Sohc 4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.8 Sohc 4wd

Hey whats up.My name Cruz I've been a member for a couple of months but internet was down and getting more involved.

I own a 1990 Mazda Protege 1.8 SOHC 4WD, Yeah another 4Wd. i tought i something rare but looks of it there a few out there. Which is good because i need help on what mods to do. Never knew how much you can do with this car...I live in Chicago and it's all about Hondas,Acuras.. i know because i was a owner of a 1990 Prelude ALB SI 2.0,Which was a awesome car and FAST .
    A friend of mine from Church had this sitting for about 5 Years.. .And gave it to me for free.... .
    the car was not running, when i finally got it home didn't run.

List on what I did just to get it too run..

Gas Tank
    Fuel Pumps (Both)
    BLEW fuel lines and replaced hoses.
    Both front Axles
    tune up
    Back brakes
    1 caliper
    front wheel bearing,And the other is going bad..
    Clutch was alright,But when I sold honda bought a new one.
    Radiator
    And still needs a few more things,but other then that it's running GOOD.

So glad to be here...
    Another 4WD Protege,in works.sigpic

congrats. lets see some pics!

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

I have a few..
        Last edited by cruzzer26; 04-15-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Nice! Welcome to CP. Very straight car you've got there.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Welcome to Club Protege, Cruz.

Congrats on the rare 4WD. It looks a lot cleaner and rust free than most!

There is so much potential for that car, it isn't even funny. You can easily make it a AWD turbo monster sleeper that will eat most cars up alive.

There are a few guys on here with nice AWD builds. Look around for what I'm talking about.

Good luck!

Comment

Theres a couple of things that I was wondering. What air flow meter would work for car 1.8 SOHC,I bought one from a local u-pull,from a frod probe because the hole was bigger and installed it and work Bogged the Pro..So I disconnected the negative post from battery and put reconnected it and work alittle better but wasn't right still.

Can I get some help that...

Comment

An S-code VAF works best, the VAF that belongs on your engine.

Honestly, trying to mod your SOHC engine is a waste of time. It can and has been done before. I don't want to discourage you. It just isn't the most efficient and cost effective choice for you.

A BP swap (DOHC) would be a good start, if not jumping right into an all out GTX/GTR swap/build.

Comment

What car can I get a GTX out from.. theres alot of jy here. I seen a few but sure to get and car will work for my 4wd Pro..

Comment

gtx is an import only option... there are three on ebay right now... but look around online you can beat the price from what is there

1st source
                    2nd source
                    3rd source
                    4th source

and the list goes on
                    Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
                    Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

Thx guys thats helpful.thx for looking out..

Comment

you can probably still beat those prices... the hardest problem it seems is finding someone with the engine in stock
                        Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger

Comment

btw, nice car

Comment

Thx.. I'll post some pics of inside Pro tomorrow and engine bay..

Comment

Just start saving and keeping an eye out.

You'll come upon a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X