Hi all, new 323 owner here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, new 323 owner here.

Always wanted to own one of these since I heard about their reliability, I have owned an 85 RX-7, but it was soooo bad on gas and had to part with it, I recently picked up a 89 Festiva with the B3 engine and so far so good with it, then I came across the 90 model 323 in the paper this week and here I am to pick up knowledge from you guys on how to keep it running for a long time I'm sure.
    90 323 bone stock

Welcome to clubprotege. First things first, bp or v6 swap. Once that's done the sky is the limit.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      Welcome to clubprotege. First things first, bp or v6 swap. Once that's done the sky is the limit.
      Dammit, why do people say that, every time I hear someone talk about a V6 in a 323 it sparks my interest in doing just that to mine and saying screw the I4 stuff!

Welcome to the club, new 323 owners are always welcome here! Let's get some pics of that 323 and a list of things you want to do with it. If all you're wanting to do is drive it and not really do anything to it then here's 3 easy steps:

1. Change the Oil
      2. Fill Tank
      3. Enjoy

Note that these steps are not in any particular order as you experience 2. more than 1. but you'll always see more of 3. than the other two combined. That's what driving a Mazda is all about.

Later,
      MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuka323 View Post
        Dammit, why do people say that, every time I hear someone talk about a V6 in a 323 it sparks my interest in doing just that to mine and saying screw the I4 stuff!
        You're not the only one man. I'd give all my bp stuff(including my rebuild) for a good running 2.5 swap.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
          You're not the only one man. I'd give all my bp stuff(including my rebuild) for a good running 2.5 swap.
          My new engine guy said he'd do it for $700 and would get it done in less than a week just to say he did it. So I'm thinking $1800 for a good engine plus another $700 for the install and possibly an STS Turbo kit in there too, but these are just thoughts........... sorry still thinking.........

MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X