Mini (1) GTR (0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini (1) GTR (0)

Well, I decided to take the Protege out tonight. I take my usual run out onto the highway and I see this old school Mini Cooper. I accelerate to merge into the trafiic and I pass him. Next thing I know, the Mini is right next to me. I'm like, ok.......wtf? I just keep driving when I hear him rev at me. I try to hold back from laughing cuz I mean come on... a GTR against a Mini? Well, be slow down to 40 and we both punch it. Right from the roll he jumps a car ahead. Well, my turbo kicks in and I gain my ground back. I get next to him and pops it into the next gear. Out of nowhere I hear this deep growl come from his car and he really starts pulling. I pop it into 4th and he's still going. I hit 5th and he's abotu 4-5 cars ahead. I back off the gas and I'm about to cry when he slows down and is right in front of me. So I follow him and he stops at a 7-11. I go over and asked him what the hell he had done. He pops the hood to show off a Integra GSR motor swapped into a old school mini!!!!! Then he asked me what the hell I had done. He thought something was wrong with his car that he couldn't really rip my car. Even though I lost, it was still a fun race.

Adam
    1991 Protege GTR
    #1739 of 2500

Disclaimer: The "Protege GTR" is a custom car. Mazda never made this vehicle.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Nice race, dude. That would be awesome to have a GSR-powered mini! Those things are SWEET!

Get some video of this stuff
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

sux you lost, but that is cool what he did with the mini. up the boost!!!

Comment

OMG the mighty gt-r has fallen :p:

Comment

lol lots of people are getting own3d by sleepers on here, lol. good race man.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

sleepres seem to be the new thing.
            EDIT: not new, but more like apearing out of no where. when I see a volvo sleeper then I'll cream.
            Visit My Garage

Comment

Come to my town. There's a Volvo 740 wagon running around that is owning alot of cars around here. Damn turbo cars. The damn Mini is lucky that I was only running stock boost. If I knew that he had that motor I would have turned it up to 1 bar.

Adam
              1991 Protege GTR
              #1739 of 2500

Disclaimer: The "Protege GTR" is a custom car. Mazda never made this vehicle.
              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
              MODS:
              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
              TO DO LIST:
              EDM/JDM rear bumper
              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
              Repaint car

Comment

Damn dude, thats crazy. Up the boost then ask fo a rematch.
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

That must be the Mini that I read about...
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

He must have some work done with that motor too to beat you. Sounds like he might have nitrous because of that "deep growl" you heard all of a sudden. Sorry about the loss! We all win some and lose some though.
                    -Robert
                    '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Remeber the mini had a 1.8 .. that's 180 hp ...

And also it's the old school mini.. How much do those weigh? like nothing...
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                        Remeber the mini had a 1.8 .. that's 180 hp ...

And also it's the old school mini.. How much do those weigh? like nothing...
                        True true
                        -Robert
                        '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

yeah that car is all bout power to weight, it prolly had the stock like 9 inch rims that weigh like 6 pounds also, lol like 4 big guys can pick it up and move it.

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

also dudes like that wont do rematches, lol they own you once and thats it. make you feel dumb as ****.

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

lol a mini!!! GSR in it!!! Now i'd love to seen that!!!
                              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
                              X