Car missing while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car missing while driving

Hi i have a 1.8l mazda protege (2001), when i drive the car misses. I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem and if it can be solved. Also there a 2 black l-shaped units that are mounted on the front right of the engine(on a bracket) are these the coils? because the plug wires start at these units. And also the chambers in which the plug wires attach on these units are filled with debris and grease could this be whats causing the problem with my car?

Any help would be great.

Also I'm new to the forum, to the guy/glas that started this forum THANK YOU .

Originally posted by Levs View Post
    Hi i have a 1.8l mazda protege (2001), when i drive the car misses. I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem and if it can be solved. Also there a 2 black l-shaped units that are mounted on the front right of the engine(on a bracket) are these the coils? because the plug wires start at these units. And also the chambers in which the plug wires attach on these units are filled with debris and grease could this be whats causing the problem with my car?

Any help would be great.

Also I'm new to the forum, to the guy/glas that started this forum THANK YOU .
    Yes those are the coils, how many miles?? I'd just start with a basic tune up (plugs and wires) and then go from there. If the problem persists could possibly fuel / compression / not enough air / or maybe even bad coils.

Comment

Thanks alot i will most def check it out. the car has 163191 km on the clock. also is it hard to change the cam-belt on these motors?

Comment

Originally posted by Levs View Post
        Thanks alot i will most def check it out. the car has 163191 km on the clock. also is it hard to change the cam-belt on these motors?
        All depends on your knowledge of working on cars. I've watched someone do it one once, looked fairly easy.

Comment

Working...
        X