awd axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awd axles?

I will be instaling gtx engine sonn in mine awd protege and i was looking at stock axle and the one that bolts to engine block looks very weak. are j spec axes are thicker?
    http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
    )
    91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
    97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
    99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
    2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
    2006 EVO GSR
    FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Originally posted by TURBO1G View Post
    I will be instaling gtx engine sonn in mine awd protege and i was looking at stock axle and the one that bolts to engine block looks very weak. are j spec axes are thicker?
    Nope, they are the same (unless you had an auto and are swapping to a 5 speed)
    Jason
    Yes Its 4wd woot woot
    sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

All 4wd models have 21 mm axles all around. 2wd have 23 mm.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Interesting....my last axle must have been a 2wd pass side, as it was ...well 2mm thicker, larger joints. dang, now I have a true 4wd and it'll prolly break..I wish
        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
        X