In car lighting .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In car lighting .....

Is it possible to changeover my incar lighting (glow form teh shifter [Park,drive, etc] clow on the console ) from green to another color ?
    Visit My Garage

Moved to 3rd gen Interior/Exterior
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

This is from one of the other forums

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

Okay i read through ti and have pretty much figured out the part. but nothing there is mentioned about teh p/r/n/d/d2/d1 set , I want to change them otu to.

and for clairfication does the dimmer switch still work when this is done?
        Visit My Garage

Comment

Yes, the dimmer switch does still work. This is just a direct swap from the green stock bulbs to blue bulbs. I don't know about the gear shift light (mine's a stick) but I would assume it's basically the same. I would just take the housing off and look underneath. Check in a shop manual or talk to someone at a Mazda dealership and find out what size bulb goes there, and you should be able to buy it online with the others.

Also, there was a post a while back about taking out a plastic layer behind the heater controls and cutting a new one that was a different color. I don't know which cars have which system, but either one seems fairly easy. If it's just the plastic, you can use it as a template and cut out some cellophane or a lighting gel.

Comment

Ok...
            I've wanted to do this for a while, but I didn't know where to begin... Got my electrician buddy to help out.
            Quick question.............. if i'm getting the reverse indiglo gauges, I don't really need to switch the LEDs in the cluster, do i?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

That depends. You don't HAVE to, because the new gauge faces will just sit on top of the old ones and light up on their own. However, the problem is the odometer. It will still light up with the original color. I just installed the reverse gauges in my car, so here's a picture without the bulbs changed:

If you change the bulbs you can get the odometer the same color as the gauges, and IMO it looks a lot better that way. The combination of blue and green looks a lot better in this picture than it does in real life.

Comment

yeah. i think i might just change everything to blue, instead..

where'd you buy your LEDs?

i think i'm just gonna hit one of the electronics stores around there.. they have most things real cheap

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I haven't changed mine yet... the odometer and the heat controls are still stock green. Someone recommended superbrightleds.com though, apparently theirs look really good.

Comment

there was another link in the same forum
                    and it also linked to the one above

some where in there
                    is the link to the store where you can buy it
                    let me look for it and post the thread and the correct post

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

okay the store you need to buy it from is

and the thread is
                      and the bulbs that you need to get is in the thread

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

read phonix posts. he has the correct info

btw, i should have this mod done by the end of jan
                      so look out for some pics hopefully!!!!

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

will teh turn signal bulbs change colors as well?
                        Visit My Garage

Comment

Those are separate but they can be changed... if you look at phoenix's photos of his gauges when he was finished you can see his signals are red but the rest of the lighting is blue.

Comment

do you by any chance know if he went witht eh new white faced ones or kept teh original black?
                            second question what size bulbs do teh turn signals take? (can't find it in there)

I tried to take my center peice apart today ( parking brake shifter area) but i can't figure out how to get the two screws in teh middle...... I fiure i have to remove the set or the seat cover or something like that so i can get at those screws, by any chance know how?
                            Visit My Garage

Comment

I don't know for certain, but it looks like he just has the stock gauges. The writing is the same on them.

Sorry, can't help you with the shifter, mine's manual.

Comment

Working...
                              X