It's hottt in the Tropics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hottt in the Tropics

Wzup peeps? I'm shouting out from Trinidad, the last of the Caribbean islands, 10 degN, 20+ miles from the South American mainland & 'dem bwoy have it mad' down here . Anyway, I own a '99 JDM BJ Familia 4WD fitted with a JDM BPT motor & drivetrain. I'm in the process of setting my suspension to match the transplant. I've never dynoed the ride, as I'm basically stock & didn't see the need to but I've run it out against Evos, Scoobies, Nissan SRs & RBs (basic racers here) & to see their faces when a Mazda BJ passes them by...priceless...I have to work on the 1/4 mile run though as my set up isn't made for it right now, but I'll get there in time. I belong to an all Mazda "Club", which is more like a hangout or "lime" as we tend to refer to it here, with our main intention in helping other performance driven Mazda owners as there is little or no technical & mechanical assistance to Mazda given here. We usually have our "limes" on the weekends anywhere or anytime we feel & we welcome all Mazdas; NA, boosted, rotaries, FWD, RWD, AWD, year, series or type. We don't have a web site but anyone can follow our story on Mazda People United @ TriniTuner.com.

I want to say firstly that I own a mazda vehicle and I know for a fact that there are other tuners out there who also own mazdas and I think that we should start a thread where we...

I'm glad to be here at ClubProtege because there is so much to share & learn about our 323/Protege/Familia & to keep the wings of Mazda alive.

Well that's about it for now & I guess I'll be communicating with some of you in time.

l8rs...ah gone 4 now

Welcome to clubprotege Post some pics of your ride. I'd like to see motor shots Enjoy your stay.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

you.....you have a BJ 4wd with turbo power? I am jealous! we must have pics! I would like to know more about this.
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Thanks & I'll pull some pics from the archives...

Comment

Wzup? I got some pics here...hope this works!

Comment

That is awsome!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

heh, i live in south FL.... maybe i need to make a trip there as well as jamacia

very nice car mang, welcome to the site
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Nice!!!!
                Engine:
                2.2L
                4-cyl
                make:
                Saturn
                Model:
                vue
                Transmssion:
                MANUAL :ARCADE:
                Rims:
                alloy
                Drive Terrain:
                FWD
                -------
                lol the head looks like styrofome!
                i'll get pics when i can get my hands on a camera! LOL

Comment

Thank ppl...& MD323 anytime, holla @ ya bwoy first...Carnival time is the best time, around Feb/March.

Comment

Working...
                  X