Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my strut tower brace - need some help now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my strut tower brace - need some help now.

Hi guys,

I ordered a strut tower brace for my '97 LX (with cruise control) from eBay. Here's what it looks like:

The UPS guy delivered it a few hours ago and I was surprised to find a different brace in the package. The brackets appear to be identical, but the brace itself is different - it is twice as wide, and has 8 holes in it...

Anyway, I'm a n00b, so I'd appreciate it a lot if you guys gave me a few pointers that would help me install the brace properly.

Thanks a lot!
    Martin
    Last edited by Intruder; 12-11-2003, 12:13 AM.

The holes in the brace is not a big deal, and its wide beause the manufacturer compensated for the drilled holes. It should not play a big role. As long as the mounting brackets are a good fit, you will be good to go.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

OK, that's good to know.
      Is there anything I should know before I attempt the install?

Comment

No, you are good to go. Its a very easy install, all you need to do is to loosen the three bolts under the hood on each side. Place the brackets in, tighten the bolts, and then adjust the main bar and tighten it in place.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I had to **** with my cruise control bracket to make it work. Basically what I did was cut out part of the bracket, put the bar on and then kinda put the cruise control bracket over and around.
          I haven't bothered to take the time out to take a pic of it cause I'm lazy.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I thought the one I have was already pre-modded to fit cars with cruise control. Isn't it?

Comment

Its possible.
              I don't know 100%
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                Its possible.
                I don't know 100%
                can't you tell by looking at the picture in my first post?

Comment

yes yours is... its the little notch thats out of the black piece on the left hand side of the picture on the top side.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                    yes yours is... its the little notch thats out of the black piece on the left hand side of the picture on the top side.
                    do you have one?

Comment

no, not yet in a bout a week. but thats what that thing is for

Comment

I see, so when are you going to post pics of your new rims? Did you install the springs yet?
                        Last edited by Intruder; 12-11-2003, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Doesn't look like it is to me.
                          I had to **** with the cruise control bracket, not the one on the bar.
                          Thats to maintain the stock location of the cruise control module.

Comment

i didnt have my camera with me when my rims came in and now they are off in storage so i dont have any pics and im not isntalling the springs until after winter.

Comment

Today I finally found some time to install the strut brace but I couldn't. Here are some pics to show why. Do you guys have any ideas?

Last edited by Henchman; 04-16-2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X