Air Intake Hose? Engine Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Intake Hose? Engine Support?

Hi, Im a new member here. Mine is a 1997 Mazda Protege. It jerks once as I begin to apply more gas at the beginning. But there's no more jerking when Im already moving at normal speed. Only at the beginning. The feeling is like a strangled neck trying to get air or something. Stated differently, its like being suffocated, then suddenly a burst of air comes in. Also the engine is shaking and making some sounds especially at idle. What could be wrong with my car?

I have a broken air intake hose and I duck taped it many months ago. But it appears that the air duck may have already been worn old and need to be re-taped. Would it work if I apply crzy glue and re-duck taped it again? Would this cure the jerking at the beginning and the shaking? By the way, the mechanic also told me that my all four engine supports or mount are all broken?

Help me I'm a Mazda fanatic!

welcome to the forums

First, I say you should get a new or used intake pipe that isn't cracked. Check junkyards, should be able to get it for real cheap. Ducttape and crazy glue only goes so far, and might break again. They are a temporary fix though. Sealing that up will fix your engine problems, as all the air is now passing through the air sensor, so the proper air/fuel ratio is obtained.

Its possible the bucking engine damaged the mounts, but not likely. If the motor is still sitting where it always has, and the rubber or metal isn't torn/cracked, they aren't broken. Soft maybe, but not broken.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
    X