Output Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output Shaft

When i swaped my gtx tranny out for my gtr i noticed there is a little more play in the output shaft on this tranny. There is about a 1/4 inch play in it. could this be a bad thing? i only drove the car for a day before the wiring messed up so i dont have a good idea of how good of shape the tranny is in. i drove it for a while and it seemed fine. But i used to have 2 resonators on my exhaust and i cut one off and when i was driving after that i felt a weird vibration for about 300 rpms and couldnt quite tell where it was coming from, but i didnt notice it before i cut that resonator so im not sure if its from the exhaust or from the tranny/driveshaft. Anyone experience a weird vibration like that... it seemed to be under the center console.

my guess would be your output on the tranny is gone bad. my gtr tranny is solid, no play.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

"There is about a 1/4 inch play in it"

Um yeah, that's bad. Prolly where your vibration is coming from. If that's indeed a gtr tranny, it's worth pulling outta there and replacing bearings and such before it blows up.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

hmmm anyone knoe what part number or perhaps what other bearings are the same size from any other tranny? and how hard of a repair this would be?
        Last edited by SlowProtege; 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

oops also well i have both the gtx and the gtr... the tranny that is in there seams like a longer geared tranny

Comment

Working...
          X