Newbie to ClubProtege-Hey Guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to ClubProtege-Hey Guys!

Hey guys what's up? Well Im currently driving a 2001 Protege w/ 2.0. I have several things done to it so far(more performance than visuals) Here's a list of mods that I can think of off the top of my head:

Mods
    • AEM Intake
    • Mazdaspeed Intake Cam
    • 4:1 Headers
    • Unorthodox Racing 9lb Flywheel
    • Competition Clutch Stage 1
    • Aftermarket Strut Bar
    • Custom 2.5" Exhaust
    • Mazdaspeed Indiglo Gauges
    • NX Racing Black/Silver Seat covers and Wheel
    • Arctic Blue Headlights
    • Chrome and Red Altezza Tailights
    • AEM Black/Silver Racing Pedals

I have much more planned for this car(Mazdaspeed Pistons,Connecting Rods,Eibach Springs, Struts, Wingswest Bodykit, 17" 5-spoke rims, etc...) Also I'll post a pic or two of my Protege as soon as I can.

Take care guys,
    FifedogPro2.0

Welcome to clubrotege Post up some pics of your ride. It sounds sweet.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Welcome to the club, Im personally impressed with how wellt he 2.0L's react to adding a header... how do you like it??? have you removed the VTCS butterflys in the intake? that also makes a big difference
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I am definitely happy as to how the 2.0 responded to the headers. I actually just installed it a few days ago so before that with the just the intake and the exhaust it was taking much more air than what it could expell. As for removing the VTCS butterfly's, that is the first time I have heard about it. I did a little researching on the net and does look promising. Did you really notice a big difference when you removed it? Do you know of any downsides to removing it? If anyone else has any thoughts about this please feel free to chime in! Also I am really limited as to the tools that I have as well as only a basic to midly moderate mechanical sense. How easy was it to remove? Do you have to remove the headers or anyother parts to do so? Hopefully not but my intuition says otherwise. Lastly I just ran across a post from a guy with a 2.0i ATX who just capped off the vacuum hose leading to the solenoid stating that this would essentially do the same. Could this procedure work for my 2.0 as well? Thoughts?
        Last edited by FifedogPro2.0; 10-14-2007, 10:18 PM.

Comment

no downsides, It smooths things out considerably. It a definitly somethig you should remove as people have had screws fall out of them & ruin engines.

simple as removing the intake manifold (EGR must be disconnected too...) & taking the screws & plates out.... leave the bar that goes through the ports there. it really wont' hurt anything @ all. that & you can keep the solenoid & acutar meaning no check engine light
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
          X