New Deadening Products From eD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i figured i'd tell everyone here about the new sound dampening ED is coming out with. it's going to be a bit pricy, but worth it. it's going to sell for probably $80 per gallon which covers about 40 sq ft.

they haven't had the v.2 mat for a while, and this is what they've been testing to replace it. it's supposed to be a ton better than v.2 and any other mat material for that matter. it sticks to anything, can be brushed or sprayed on. it can be painted also. and best of all, adding more layers won't help much if at all where as mat materials need several layers. i'm trying to decide if a layer of this, then a layer of mat would be better than a layer of mat, then a layer of this mixing the 2 can achieve great results, since each has their characteristics that make them good sound dampeners.

Say Blue- I know you are a big ED person, check out Noisekiller though. It was originally designed for industrial vibration control on precision machines to damping vibration and sound. (sound=vibration). I like the product because it is a water base, and very quick drying and can be spray applied . I use it in conjunction with more conventional deadening on all my jobs for the last four years. I have yet to encounter any spray on application that will equal good old conventional deadining.
    Let me know if this stuff is as good as the hype.
    David A. Cameron
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
    2004 Cooperworks Mini
    2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
    Sine Pari

Comment

If the stuff is that strong and makes that much difference, what happens if you need to change your setup later? How do you get it off or cut through it cleanly?

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        If the stuff is that strong and makes that much difference, what happens if you need to change your setup later? How do you get it off or cut through it cleanly?

it's designed to go on sheet metal, but if you do need to get it off, sand it

dave, i'll check that stuff out. i'll try to do a side by side comparison, when i get some of the ED stuff
        Last edited by blue LEDz; 12-02-2003, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Got this in an email from eD today.

Ladies and Gents We've got a great new deadening product to release to you. The long awaited replacement for eDead v.2.0 is finally here. The name Xterminator. The product is a liquid based sound deadener which has quite a few advantages over our own, and others, mat products. If your looking for a better alternative to the deadening products currently available to you we urge you to read on.
          Xterminator is extremely unique. It can be applied via a brush and or a spray gun. Few things why this is a little better than the older stuff. Just a few

1. Adhesion. It's well. Second to none. You don't need to mix it with anything. It sticks to anything, and doesn't move. Once it's there it's there. You can scrape it or sand it off but as far as adhesion goes. It's light years better than any matt we've used, or sold at any time in the past.

2. Stink. Another wonderful thing. There is no smell. Literally. There isn't one. It smells like whatever your putting it on. No asphalt, no paint smell. No stink at all. It's not asphalt based.

3. Application ease. Another good thing. No rollers and no heat gun. Ever, for any reason. The liquid is just that, a liquid. It's applied through brushing it on, kind of like painting a panel, or using a spray gun. The application side is A. less strenuous B. less messy C. less time consuming than the matt. Another thing about the application. Obviously mat is limited where it can go, or will go for that matter. Liquid can get into anything, anywhere, very easily. It just simply can go places mat can't. eDead included. It's a huge step up in ability to get to nicks and crannies better.

4. Where you can put it. Another beautiful thing. This stuff can go anywhere. The same stuff you spray, paint down in your car and on panels, you can put under your car. In your wheel wells, instead of spray on mastic (etc, etc, we've all used something). So you can pretty much use it everywhere. The color is very boring grey. It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like the blue samples we've been using

5. It actually also contains a inhibitor that protects against rust. Places where you lay down the liquid it actually protects the car against rust. To boot it's self extinguishing when it comes to fire. Hold a blow torch on it, and it'll burn a little but the second you remove the flame it extinguishes itself. So in reality it helps the car not just the deadening part of it too. That's my spiel.

There isn't a whole lot of information on the web site yet. It'll be coming soon. This is just a addition we've been waiting to make for some time I'm pretty excited about. No more BS deadening. Just the best deadening we could find in existence Main things imo I like. Can be used anywhere inside and out. Doesn't stink. Extremely easy to apply. Don't cut my hands on the back of the mat. Once it's painted on it never goes anywhere. It protects against rust and corrosion and the substance is extremely durable. It does NOT corrode over time. You put it on once, it doesn't flake, it doesn't fall off, it doesn't corrode. Did I mention it's waterproof to boot....

We used Xterminator deadening products in our companies Demo Vehicle for good reason. The advantages aren't just in application, it's in performance. Xterminator can go anywhere, and not come off. We love it.

If you have any questions about the Xterminator line we ask that you give us a ring. We will be happy to talk to you until the sun comes up about this stuff.

Comment

old news, but they are now doing pre-orders i merged the threads, since 2 are not needed

selling 1 gallon for $75, and 5 gallons for $350.

edit, free shipping on pre-orders, up till the 22nd of december

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know there was an old thread about it. My bad. Here's the official e-mail on their webpage. They posted it up for people that don't have HTML email access.

There are some videos on there of the thickness of the liquid and one of them taking a blowtorch to it.

Comment

Working...
              X