Any recommendation portable GPS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendation portable GPS's

I read the reviews, but I just want to get some opinions from you guys before I start searching for bargain priced GPS's.

I missed a end of the summer month one day sale at radio shack for a over stock Magellan GPS going for $199, I was really pissed because those units were going for 400 bucks. Now I'm looking for alternatives brands instead like Tom Tom or Garmin.

How "portable" does it have to be? I've been using my laptop and an inexpensive GPS receiver off of geeks.com and a copy of Streets and Trips that I got from my old job.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

i have a verizon phone with navigator enabled. it works very well for what i use it for and it really is not that expensive.
      miss my '93 LX at every corner
      photo album
      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

I guess, portable unit that I can detached that can somewhat fit in a coat pocket; use as a guide when I need to find a little shop in small towns or cities when I'm doing road trips.

Comment

the only thing i really use my setup for is war driving, i don't get out of town enough to actually use it to get around.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protégébob View Post
            the only thing i really use my setup for is war driving, i don't get out of town enough to actually use it to get around.
            word

I use a laptop and MS street and trips with a pharos GPS-500. its not pocket friendly but works.

Garmin makes really really (did I say really) good handhelds. I have dropped my uncles out of a few tree stands and even chased one 25 ft. under water after knocking it off the side of the boat when we were going diving.

still works too
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
            X