trunk mat piece thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trunk mat piece thing

the big piece of wood in the trunk with the carpet on it! mine is all busted up and dirty. ive got some good fabric, ive got a jigsaw, and ill go to home depot and get a 4X4 piece of plywood. has anyone ever made their own trunk piece? any suggestions and/or warnings?
    Serenity's Dead.

well, bear in mind, a full piece as such may be hard to pull in and out.. (ie carpeted handles would be a perfect option, maybe some hinges for the overlays and cover it with carpet to cover the entire trunk? i don't know, personally thought about this to support my sub box and screw it down to (to keep it from roaming around the trunk as it pleases). no real good suggestions i can think of.
    peace

Comment

yeah i was gonna do it with a piece of plexiglass and put some spekers in it but it was too hard
      i is dumb

Comment

thats definately not something for the feint at heart, however, would be VERY nice granted you are inventive with plywood or fiberglass.
        peace

Comment

i did it, i took out that carpet and traced the figure onto some 1/4" plywood then cut it out, after that it wont fit it no maTTer what you do to it, so i had to cut off the peices where the carpet covers the jack and same on the oppisate side, its slides in fine then

the carpet covering the jack spot is fine as theres already a peice of wood there with hinges

and i glued the carpet to the board once it fit snug
          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X