mdernday JB weld (heavy on the weld)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mdernday JB weld (heavy on the weld)

check this thread out. please do nto flood this site with your stupid posts.

if you can not view it due to not being a member here is the short of it.

this stuff is crazy!

i posted on that thread that with product coupled with a cheap ebay IC plumbing kit you could make a really nice fmic kit out of aluminum for well under 200 bucks. after talking with bpt323 we figured you could still powder coat it and hide any nasty burns or improfections.

NEUMAN

I might hafta get some of this stuff and put it in my rallycar support kit.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
      I might hafta get some of this stuff and put it in my rallycar support kit.
      Lol @ Jay - so the melting temp is 750 and it remelts at that same temp. That puts high temp applications out of it.

The issue is that when you have such dissimilar metals bonded, they tend to break apart easily from what I have seen - especially since it is claimed you can use this stuff on lots of different metals. Is this stuff any stronger than epoxy?

Comment

I was thinkin about coldside plumbing cracks, intercoolers, stuff like that. hell if it works as advertised it would come in handy when we busted a bracket holding the trip odo!
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          Lol @ Jay - so the melting temp is 750 and it remelts at that same temp. That puts high temp applications out of it.

The issue is that when you have such dissimilar metals bonded, they tend to break apart easily from what I have seen - especially since it is claimed you can use this stuff on lots of different metals. Is this stuff any stronger than epoxy?
          i feel it is an aluminum based product. look at all the stuff they wled on the site. did you see what he did with teh aluminum diamond plate? welded it then bent it over. no cracking! that speaks for itself i feel.

NEUMAN

Comment

I am going to get some of that. Sure it's not pretty like TIG. But my DC TIG can't do aluminum for now...and there are a few quick things I need to do. $50 I'm game for!
            Drew
            '95 EGT 1.8
            T
            '93 ELX 1.9 SC
            '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by Skuce View Post
              I am going to get some of that. Sure it's not pretty like TIG. But my DC TIG can't do aluminum for now...and there are a few quick things I need to do. $50 I'm game for!
              yeah im probly going to do the 2 lb kit for 87 bucks. that way im totally in the clear to not need re-order half way thru my IC plumbing. also it comes with teh tank too.

NEUMAN

Comment

I think my dad bought some of this stuff at a boat or hobby show years ago... never got touched... I gotta find it!
                -Dave

Comment

That is awesome. I may order some and experiment with it. I have some 1/4" aluminum plate laying aroung.

What what be a suitable heat source? I know a torch...but what kind?
                  Would a 16oz mapp gas cylinder work? Thats all I got atm.
                  DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

that should work, MAPP burns hotter then propane.

93' 5spd DX
                    R.I.P

Comment

sure would be awesome in rally applications
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                      X