X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering tutuorial w/pics

this is simple compared to cellshading

Step 1: The obvious part. Open a pic of the car to be lowered in photoshop. This will create a locked layer called “background”.
    Attached Files

Step 2: Right click where it says “Backgorund” in the layers windows or click on layer at the top and choose the option Duplicate layer. I usually name this new layer “lowered”
    Attached Files

Comment

Step 3:
      a) Hide the layer called “background” by clicking on the little eyeball to the left of the word Background

b) zoom into about 300%.

c)Switch to the Polygon Lasso tool, go all the way to the margin and line up with the bottom of the front or rear bumper (which ever is closer to the margin you start on) trace around the bottom line of the car with the polygon lasso tool (this is why I recommend zooming in, you will see the lines much better). When you get to the oppostite magin from where you started take the tool pointer to the bottom of the screen and click the mouse, then back over to the side of the screen you started on and click the mouse, then back to your starting point.

d) When your area is selected press delete on your keyboard. And you will get:
      Attached Files

Comment

Step 4: unhide the layer called “background” select the layer called “lowered”, choose the “Move Tool” and press the Down Arrow on your keyboard to achieve desired lowering.
        Attached Files

Comment

wow that helps me alot i was just selecting the cars body and moving it down but it left gaps thanks for the great tutorials
          i is dumb

Comment

Step 5: This will leave a strip along the top margin of the "background" layer. use the Rectangular Marquee tool and select only the parts of the pic you want in your final copy, then from the edit menu, choose "copy merged". create a new window and paste what you have copied. enjoy and let's see some slammed cars.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
              wow that helps me alot i was just selecting the cars body and moving it down but it left gaps thanks for the great tutorials
              no problem, but please wait until I finish posting next time

Comment

You are the master of ps tutorials! Great job, dude!
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

nice write up man, keep them coming, lol
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

here's my 323 lowered, not too bad but i need a pic with my rims on it
                    Attached Files
                    '91 323 SE
                    Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
                    <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

Alright here was my attempt. Just used you picture since I didn't have any better ones. Keep the how-to's coming. They are awesome and very easy to follow.

Comment

Oh, man this tutorial is even easier. Check out my slammer.
                        Attached Files
                        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by mustangjosh67
                          here's my 323 lowered, not too bad but i need a pic with my rims on it
                          pic with your rims, you need a pic with your bumpers in it ... You cut your bumpers out the photo ...
                          something I work on myself and will tell you , pay close attention to your composition when you are taking a photo.
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

those drops are lookin' good guys

Comment

Original taken last year before I had the springs and struts on:

Lowered and tint
                              Dan
                              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                              X