some upgrades questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some upgrades questions

Hi. I'm still new at all car stereo stuff. I'm getting 600W amp. for my dual box with 10" subs, and the old amp I'm gonna use for my rear speakers. So what would be the best suggestion for subs ? Right now I have pioneers 400W.Should I get smth different ? Thanks
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

there is some pretty damn good Audiobahn subs on sale @ www.thezeb.com

$74.99 for a 15"!

Comment

Re: some upgrades questions

Originally posted by russian
      Hi. I'm still new at all car stereo stuff. I'm getting 600W amp. for my dual box with 10" subs, and the old amp I'm gonna use for my rear speakers. So what would be the best suggestion for subs ? Right now I have pioneers 400W.Should I get smth different ? Thanks

post the amp brand and model #, so we can better help you you'll want to run your old amp to your front speakers, since they are more important than your rear speakers. you don't want more sound coming from the rear of the car, think of it as a live concert, you face the stage, don't you? i'm not a big fan of pioneer subs, but why change them, if YOU are happy with them? it's in your car, and it's all about pleasing you:p:

Comment

It sounds right The amp is MA audio M280i. Do you know how much I can sell my Kenwood KAC-819 for ? It's still on warranty. Thank for your help.
        So you think there's no reason to put an amp for rear speakers ? I'm gonna put one for my front ones pretty soon though.

Comment

i'm assuming that the MA amp is the one you already have. the new model of it is the M283i. 2x100 at 4 ohm, which would be great for a set of front components if you were happy with the MA amp running the subs you have, i'd either get one that puts out the same power or a little more as for selling the kenwood, i have no idea on the price you could get for it, since it all depends on how smart the person you are selling it to is find someone who doesn't know crap about it, and you'll easily get $50 more for it:p:

Comment

Not exactly like that. I just got MA amp. It's 600W max and I'm gonna use it for subs. Kenwood I had before and there's no chance I can use it because it's mono

Comment

The amplifier being mono does not mean you cannot connect two subs to it. It all depends on the subs' configuration. If they are 4ohm subs, you can wire them in parallel and get a total impedance of 2 ohms. See if your Kenwood amp is stable at 2ohms and what the power rating is at this impedance. You might save some $$$ by using your Kenwood amp.

Comment

I know that. I was running my two subs with this amp, but right now I have better one for subs , and this one is useless for any other speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by russian
                  I know that. I was running my two subs with this amp, but right now I have better one for subs , and this one is useless for any other speakers.

keep using the kenwood for the subs, and use the MA amp for up front the kenwood puts out 230 watts at 2 ohm. the MA amp puts out 2x200 at 2 ohm stereo, 1x400 max at 4 ohm mono. and MA amps are a bit overrated, so if you get 300 watts rms out of it at 4 ohm mono, i'd be suprised. it would be put to better use running 100 watts to each side of your front speakers and keep the kenwood on the subs.

Comment

It seems like all my information is incorrect then. This is what I knew about those amps -
                    Kenwood is 230 RMS in 1 ch 2 ohm.
                    And MA claims 150 RMS 2 ch. 2 0hm.
                    I'm running two subs , so MA seems better at first. Is it incorrect, or it's something that I don't understand ?
                    Thanks for your help .

Comment

keeping the subs you have, the kenwood amp is better suited for them. a difference of 70 watts, if it is that big, is not very noticable when you get over 200 watts. if it were comparing 100 watts to 170, then yes it'd be a noticable difference. if you run the subs you have to the MA amp, then you would have to run one sub to each channel, so you'd only be getting 100 watts to each sub, less than the kenwood.

Comment

Working...
                      X