new to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to it

heyh yall im a little new to the mazda world im a prior honda guy but i learned how to drive in my dads 91 protege lx well he's had it since day 1 and a couple of months ago the poor thing lost a cylinder and he gave it to me so i put a junk yard motor in it and its running great i need to know alot about this car starting with suspension what is inerchangeable etc.. anyone got some tips or easy power making tips with this motor let me know

anyone at all

Comment

Originally posted by 91beater View Post
      heyh yall im a little new to the mazda world im a prior honda guy but i learned how to drive in my dads 91 protege lx well he's had it since day 1 and a couple of months ago the poor thing lost a cylinder and he gave it to me so i put a junk yard motor in it and its running great i need to know alot about this car starting with suspension what is inerchangeable etc.. anyone got some tips or easy power making tips with this motor let me know

so it's a 91 LX, you put the BP DOHC engine back in it? first thing i would do is get a B code RX7 AFM and an aftermarket filter to go on it. suspension is super easy on these cars. way more easy then a honda suspension. there is sticky threads on suspension, engine, and interior/exterior mods for these cars. read up some on it, and let us know if you still have questions or are confused.

WELCOME!! WELCOME!!
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Welcome to clubprotege There's so much you can do with these cars from using other cars parts. Read up on the 1st gen section and you can get all the questions answered. If there's something specific that you can't find from searching and reading the forums then by all means make a new thread

Just for your suspension question. Zx2 sr sturts were made by tokico and run less than 200 for all 4. The zx2 hyper flex poly bushing kit will all fit(all except the steering rack bushings). Find a mx3 v6 in the jy and grab the rear lower tie bar. You could have a very nice tight suspention for about 500. Good luck and enjoy the forums.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

whats this i hear about lsd mx3 trannys and what and where is the afm

Comment

Working...
          X