• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rx7 afm

what is this rx7 afm and where do i get one

Originally posted by 91beater View Post
    what is this rx7 afm and where do i get one
    RX-7 AFM refers to the 1986-1988 RX-7 non-turbo airflow meter, which uses the same voltage range as the Protege's airflow meter but is physically bigger, reducing intake restriction which increases power. You have to open the top of the airflow meter and tune it to work properly with the Protege. Alternatively, you can use a similar-size airflow meter such as one out of a 1988-1992 626/MX-6, 1988-1991 929, or 1989-1994 MPV, however you will have to swap the circuit board out of a Protege airflow meter for it to work with the Protege, and tune it also.

Can be found at a junkyard, eBay, etc.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

thanks dude

Comment

i learned how to drive on this 91 lx and the motor blew its gonna be fun makin it fast a lil rusty though kinda wanna boost it is it hard with these

Comment

Originally posted by 91beater View Post
          i learned how to drive on this 91 lx and the motor blew its gonna be fun makin it fast a lil rusty though kinda wanna boost it is it hard with these
          Nope, going turbo is not hard with the BP. In Japan they had 2 turbo versions of the BP, one puts out 180hp, the other, from the 323 GT-R, puts out 210.

If you need an engine you might as well go with a BPT, otherwise you can make your own setup. I bought the whole BPT after seeing that the setup I was putting together wasn't going to be ideal. Search the boards here and you'll find that there are many turboed Proteges, 323s, and MX-3s on here.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
          X