Sport20 JDM bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport20 JDM bumper

I just ordered the Sport20 grille and bumper today from Corksport. Got a postcard in the mail saying free shipping on anything before 2004 so I said what the hell. Can't wait!

Anyway, what size foglights will fit in the bumper's holes? I'm assuming the same size as Protege5 lights.

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Can't help you out with the foglights question, but damn that is going to look good. Do you plan on adding a AutoEXE front lip to it? Because I think that would look incredible.

Comment

I plan to after some time...but right now no. AutoEXE stuff is expensive!!!
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Im considering these fog lights. How big are stock Protege5/MP3/MSP fogs? These have a 4" diameter.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

That is what UPS man did, got the grill. It looks sweet.
          Sagaris

Comment

Do you by any chance have the part number?

Corksport says the regular rebar will fit with some 'trimming'...the guys that are going to work on the car are pretty good at that kind of stuff.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Duh, I should have checked
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Why would you need the rebar for? What exactly is it supposed to do?

Not to treadjack, would the Sport20 grille and corner lamps fit on an aftermarket front bumper that is made to fit like stock? I ask because I have the MPS MP3 kit from WW and I was looking into adding the real JDM corners and the grille. I hate the fact my corners don't line up with the lines of my hood. I think those two together along with some paintable eyelids would give my front end a whole new look.

Comment

The rebar for US spec Protege's are longer and stick out more compared to JDM, EDM speck Familia's/323's. Adding the Sport20 front end means the new bumber will be slightly shorter than the US spec bumper.

What is the "MPS MP3 kit from WW"? The only wings west product I've seen for the Protege's only for 01+ with the new headlight design.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

On the website the body kit is listed under the 01 and up Protege section, but I talked to someone at WW and they told me the kit would fit on 99 and up Pros. I know that its specifically designed for the MP3, but on the kit itself it says 99-03. So I decided to get it.

Comment

I hope they are right - the 99/00 fenders and headlights are different than the 01+ models.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

is the grill required for the sport20 bumper to be installed? im about to order mine but i like the autoexec grill better and was just wondering if the bumper can be installed without a grill, or just use the original grill until i can buy the autoexec one.

thanks in advance for the help

Comment

Don't quote me on this but the Sport 20 grille is slightly different than the 99/00 grille. Corksport says the Sport 20 grille can fit the 99/00 front end with 'modifications'.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
                            On the website the body kit is listed under the 01 and up Protege section, but I talked to someone at WW and they told me the kit would fit on 99 and up Pros. I know that its specifically designed for the MP3, but on the kit itself it says 99-03. So I decided to get it.
                            make sure you keep the reciept...lol
                            Da SR20 Beast

Comment

i read about the sport20 grill being able to fit stock with "modifications" but i wanna know the other way around ... can i use the stock grill with the sport20 bumper until i get the money for the grill

Comment

Working...
                              X