Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Governor

How can I remove the governor that stops me from accelerating at higher speeds?

115?
    All the time.
    95? The speedlimit on the highway is 100.
    It slows down at about 160km/h
    the SOHC did the same thing.

Comment

Just ignore the comment about the 95

Comment

your car isn't designed to go faster than you're pushing it, give up .. there has been some whole-hearted bull**** about doing 150 to 160mph in a protege.. but even that is unmeasureable.. my automatic does 110-112 flat (115 downhill), manual has RELIABLY been stated as being capable of about 125.. possibly 135.. i'd put serious doubt on anyone who would tell me more than that with stock motor, trans.. etc.
        peace

Comment

I think the problem here is that some people are talking about MPH, and others are talking about KPH.
          ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
            I think the problem here is that some people are talking about MPH, and others are talking about KPH.
            Tell me about it. Obviously people don't look to the left at the Location listing very much.

Anyway, to get some answers...

If you have a 1st gen, there is no govenor.
            I used to own an SE. 195 was the fastest I went in that.
            In my GT, I've broken 200.
            KPH, of course.
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

i didn't 'misunderstand' what he was saying :p: .. the protege REALLY handles like **** over 100 mph.. ie about 160 km/h.

and at anyrate, you saying you've broken 200 km/h.. thats not unfeasible.. that has been done and is obtainable.. i'm saying, a few before have laid questionable claim to going over 150 mph in their protege (240 km/h for you canuks)
              peace
              Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2003, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Anything above 190km/h is questionable on the OEM speedo.

That said, I'd be VERY hardpressed to believe anything above 220km/h let alone 240km/h!!!

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

I missed it. :shurg:

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

i miss everything obvious.. the path of the enlightend has been closed for construction in my book
                    peace

Comment

I've gone "125MPH" in the protege (with the sunroof open ), but who knows how accurate the speedo is up that fast.

I find 150 and 160 absolutely hard to believe, I thought someone figured out the theoretical max speed of 5th gear to be like 143 or 147 at redline anyway.

A stock protege getting up that fast? Noooo way
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                        I've gone "125MPH" in the protege (with the sunroof open ), but who knows how accurate the speedo is up that fast.

I find 150 and 160 absolutely hard to believe, I thought someone figured out the theoretical max speed of 5th gear to be like 143 or 147 at redline anyway.

A stock protege getting up that fast? Noooo way
                        i think when the numbers got abouve 115mph, the person means KPH. in my SOHC i took the car to 175kmh

A big issue with our cars is areodynamics. and of couse the faster you go the more those foces become. the forces actually increase exponentially.

Another thing is thet your tranny might be your weak link.
                        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                        So his engine he goosed
                        With much too much boost,
                        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I don't know what's wrong with you all I've gone 155mph and if you don't believe me you're jealous so don't hate
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                            I don't know what's wrong with you all I've gone 155mph and if you don't believe me you're jealous so don't hate
                            Uh yea, me too....

Give or take about 65mph.
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                            X