Corksport head upgrade vs flyinmiata head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corksport head upgrade vs flyinmiata head

Has anyone bought the cylinder head upgrade from corksport. I was thinking about going that route or going with flyinmiata. I have been talking to corksport and they say that they dont provide flow bench numbers which i think meand that they dont flow bench test the heads after they do the port work. Does anyone know if the corksport head is worth it or should i just pay the extra money for the flyinmiata head, with all the things that flyinmiata will do it seems like their head is better even though it is more. If anyone has any input on this or knows more about these heads i would appreciate the info.

u will always come out cheaper gettin the work done yourself at a local shop, taht way u can mae sure you get what u want.

Comment

Yeah i thought about going that way but it just seems like places like flyinmiata and possibly corksport would really know how to get the most out of the 1.8 bp head since that is what they mostly work on. I want to get the best job possible and i dont think any shop around here is going to do as good a job as the other two.

Comment

What he's saying is if you want certain things done... any machine shop can do it if you tell them. Hell I got my head done for 200 bucks less than Corksports and it has everything their's does. So if you know what was done to the head tell your shop get it bench flowed blah blah blah... Oh yea someone had to do it before someone else. They are doing a service someone else asked for before and the do it on every car except rotaries...
        Last edited by LadiesMan; 11-07-2007, 12:58 AM.
        Yes I am TSME from ERDTOnline = www.erdtonline.com

Comment

alot of times a good local shop will bench flow their work, and ferther more alot of the guys are experienced in that particular work.. you are just opening the head, but you can actually create more turbulance when you get into the angles cut into the head and how the air fallows through it and that matters with a n/a or turboed application. benching it is the best bet to know whats going on. and like jitb37 said youll be sure you get what you want (and pay for)

Comment

Thanks guys i think i might take another look at some of the shops around here and see if i can find a good one.

Comment

these guys do head work for FlyinMiata.

In my opinion... if you want the best... they are the folks to do it... besides that the other best option would be extrude honing the head.(far surpasses hand porting) but hand porting is still the best for certain aspects.

Send them an email & enquire what you can do.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                these guys do head work for FlyinMiata.

In my opinion... if you want the best... they are the folks to do it... besides that the other best option would be extrude honing the head.(far surpasses hand porting) but hand porting is still the best for certain aspects.

Send them an email & enquire what you can do.
                Nice work, or at least thats what i KIND OF gather from the fuzzy ass pics! Somebody there needs to learn how to take/resize pics! They look like they are from a 2 year old .000000003 MP camera phone!
                **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

^ you smoke rock, & have no idea how terribly difficult it is to get a good picture of a head.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                    ^ you smoke rock, & have no idea how terribly difficult it is to get a good picture of a head.
                    Umm i meant the basic pic quality. Look at the pic with the guy. Its just weird. Example...

http://replikamaschinen.com/gallery/...oto_face_front
                    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
                      Umm i meant the basic pic quality. Look at the pic with the guy. Its just weird. Example...

http://replikamaschinen.com/gallery/...oto_face_front
                      some great pics in there... i was wondering if anyone had o-ringed a BP and couple of those pics answered my questions.

93' 5spd DX
                      R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                      X