Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audiocontrol epic-160

hi everyone,

Anyone have an opinion on this piece of equipment? in essence it's an indash version of the Epicenter. Someone on ebay is doing a dutch auction and selling them for about $200 each. I've just bought an overdrive and already have an EQX and 4XS.

My hands are feeling itchy to buy it, but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight. Thanks.

i heard it's great as a reference for your SPL, but it's not super accurate as far as competition is concerned. but having an epicenter is a great addition to any sub system i have to get a new controller for mine if you don't need the SPL readout, then the overdrive is more than enough. but if you want the SPL readings, i'd get the epic-160. and it's not a bad deal at $200, since the 150 still sells for $220 on most online stores

Comment

gracias

hey bro,

thanks for your input, man. it's nice sounding ideas and products off of someone who has had expereince with the product.

i guess you have an epicenter. how much is it going to cost you to replace the controller? do you run it at "maximized" meaning i guess around 9 volts?

i am looking into epic-150s since you mentioned them & because someone is currently selling one on ebay. someone sold 3 new at a buy it now price of $92 with $8 s&h. and i missed out on it! argh! oh well next time.

Comment

$92 for an epicenter is a helluva deal, and getting the SPL meter from the 150 is even better a new controller is going to run me $40, and i'm deciding if it's something i need right now, or wait for the newest model to come out, and then i'll get that i haven't run it in over a year, but i ran it pretty high, though:p:

Comment

Working...
        X