3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gen

has anyone ever swapped out a 3rd gen protege es engine for anything else. if so let me know what you did and if anyone else has any info let me know which are the best engines to swap into it.

there was a guy who came on here every once and awhile that had swapped in a GTR motor, but that required a lot of custom work and was a drag-strip only piece.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

KL series.
      Here is the site.
      Turbo KL

Doesnt give any specs on the site though

Comment

that would be sick if you could swap the msp 2.0 in a 1st gen

Comment

yea that would be sick and i have been thinking about it for a while but i didnt know if it was possible or if it was even a good idea. i guess if i would be able to get some more power out of a different engine i would think about it but i am fairly new to cars and i am young so i would have to think about all the work going into it. i mean i would think i know enough about how an engine works to put one together but the prep work into putting a new engine in might consist of things i cant do at home. yea that kl looks real nice in the pro but it looks like a tight squeeze fit. if that is your pro props because that is one nice baby!
          Last edited by HoeyProtege; 11-19-2007, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
            that would be sick if you could swap the msp 2.0 in a 1st gen

Well seeing that a KL have been swapped into the 1st Gen, the same could be done with the FSDET. It shares the same motor mounts as the KL.

As far as the KL swap, it not mine unfortunately. But its a direct swap. A few bits from the MX-6. No real fabrication needed, only pain would be wiring.

Comment

Working...
            X