Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gtr mixed with a gtx

A lesson learned

StarNet is leading the way in Australia for WHITE LABEL Search engine optimization. Helping connect online marketing agencies with Australian based Reseller SEO.

link originally posted by itzkcatz
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

That sucks, Ive heard of people using the GTR turbo on a GTX and not having any problems though...?
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
      That sucks, Ive heard of people using the GTR turbo on a GTX and not having any problems though...?
      exactley, maybe it just wasnt tuned right?
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

he was running 20lbs of boost.
        The GTR turbo is very powerful ...
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yea I dunno, sucks either way. I would have thought the block could take 20psi from the vj-23, but I guess not???
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Maybe a defective block??
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

idiot
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

20lbs of boost... that is ALOT of boost from a large turbo in a small engine.... yeah 15lbs boost and he would have been fine. he was only doing 193hp at the wheels.
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Makes me think twice about finding a VJ-23 for my NA motor...
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

im sure it was operator error.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I can tell you from experiance, The GTR VJ-23 turbo is VERY potent. I'm running 8 psi right now (stock level) and it gives a nice swift kick in the ass. There is no need to run 20psi on this turbo unless you feel like replacing things like that guy chose to do. Goes to show you what happens when you get greedy for power without the proper tuning or parts.

Adam
                      1991 Protege GTR
                      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                      MODS:
                      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                      TO DO LIST:
                      EDM/JDM rear bumper
                      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                      Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
                        I can tell you from experiance, The GTR VJ-23 turbo is VERY potent. I'm running 8 psi right now (stock level) and it gives a nice swift kick in the ass. There is no need to run 20psi on this turbo unless you feel like replacing things like that guy chose to do. Goes to show you what happens when you get greedy for power without the proper tuning or parts.
                        I'm sort of hijaacking the thread here, but what kind of whp are you putting down?
                        2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                        1987 Mazda 323
                        1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

I Believe Braden hit around 220whp with the NA block and a turbo strapped on there (the vj-21 I think). Not to mention that one guy in his miata putting down 399whp on stock internals.

Poorly tuned, or a beat-on block? I dunno... Sucks to be that guy though
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

what a waste of a good engine
                            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

I think adam said he put down something like 219.7whp and 207 torque. Very close to it. The car kicks some major ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X