Need help with gauge installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with gauge installation

OK, here's the deal. I bought the reverse silver gauges from procarparts and just tried to install them today. I ran into a couple of problems along the way. Most importantly, I thought I knew where to plug the power wire into, but they wouldn't light up. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the gauge harnesses, or can you tell me where to hook the power into?

Second, I broke the needle for the temperature gauge while I was installing it. I know, I was stupid and went back and read the majority of the warnings about that AFTER I tried it myself. It seems like everyone says that means I have to buy a new cluster, but what's to stop me from just gluing it back on? I know the calibration won't be perfect, but the temperature isn't precise anyway. It seems like it should work fine without replacing everything.

This is old but:
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Thanks, I figured it out on my own yesterday. Also, a slight update on your how-to, I wired mine up to come on with the headlights, but on my harness it was a blue/white wire (it probably varies with the year). So, test whatever wire before putting everything back together.

Comment

Working...
      X