Amplifier Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amplifier Power Problem

The problem is, well, there is no power. I checked all the wiring to the amp and also the connections to the cd player. I also replaced the fuses on the amp hoping that would fix it.

What I want to know is, is there something else I should check that could be an easy fix? I am pretty dense when it comes to audio equipment.

Check the power by using a simple testing light. Make sure you have juice at the amp. Then do the same with the remote turn on wire. If you have the lamp light up on the amp wire, and the power on wire (when the ignition and headunit are switched on) then it is in the amp. Also use the grounding wire on the amp when doing the test so you will know if you have a complete circuit.
    Is this a new install, or did it "suddenly" happen in a already wired and previously operating install?
    Give us all a little more info to run with, and we will all come up with incredable theorys for you!
    Let us know what you find!
    Good Luck
    David A. Cameron
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
    2004 Cooperworks Mini
    2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
    Sine Pari

Comment

^^^ yeah, what he said

when you say there is no power, do you mean the sub just doesn't do anything, or do the lights on the amp not come on?

Comment

It has been installed for about 2 years or so. The original install was done professionaly, but since then I have taken it out a couple of times for various reasons (none because of problems with the audio equipment).

There is a red bar that runs across the lamp which lights up when it has power, but that does not light up anymore. I will test everything tomorrow so I will update you then.

Comment

have you checked the fuse by the battery in the engine compartment?

Comment

Working...
          X