RUSTED OUT!!!! help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RUSTED OUT!!!! help

Ok my 4wd protege is pretty rusted out...... I need either a new one to swap or redo all the shock towers and probably add a cage to the car to asure the bodywork will last throught race use.....

The thing is that is also my daily driver...and the setup is all done so I don't want to start all over again....

I need a good body ( please near Québec Canada...please )

OR

Can the suspension and trans ( i imagine it's the same cause the engine is a bpt from a gtr so the trans should be the same ) be swaped to an old gtx ( easier to find than a protege 4wd ) or to the gtr ( could import one with blown engine from the japs.....)

The thing is that I got all my spare parts ( trans diff, suspension...) I don't really want to start all over again and throw away good parts...

Thanks
    Last edited by JFmb; 11-28-2007, 12:20 PM.
    sigpicYEAH!!!!

Im not sure about the old 323gtx but I know everything will bolt into any 4wd BG chassis.
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

I know that clean4wd is selling his car, but he lives here in CA so thats a little far from you. It is a very clean car with the n/a BP05 swap and gtx trans and lsd in the rear diff. Its also got espec headlights and lots of other goddies.

heres some of the picts that I could find of the car.

1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Where are you in MTL? I'm in mtl and building an AWD, maybe we can talk, lol.
        The GTX is slightly different, the strut mounts are different for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
          I know that clean4wd is selling his car, but he lives here in CA so thats a little far from you. It is a very clean car with the n/a BP05 swap and gtx trans and lsd in the rear diff. Its also got espec headlights and lots of other goddies.

heres some of the picts that I could find of the car.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...y=-j49kmm&Ux=0
          Do you know how much he is asking....
          sigpicYEAH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X