Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh

Ok, I just went outside and saw a freaking puddle of Antifreeze under my 323. Well I poped the hood and took off the radiator cap and it was about 3 inches low.

Looks like the copper/brass fitting at the bottom is leaking. I am praying that it is not the radiator portion that the fitting screws into because if it is, that means I get to swap in the lx radiator before I had planned on doing it.

I am about to go to work, and dont have time to fix it. I do carry antifreeze and H2o in my car, so i guesss I will be filling up every couple of miles.

Friend at auto parts store told me over the phone fitting is 3.62 with tax, or he can get me then new radiator for 100 even out the door, and I get to install it myself. Either way I hope its the fitting.

Anyone else have this problem?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

your avatar is disturbing
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i have nothing fruitful to add to your post, but i do have to concurr that your avataar is really disturbing. any way i can convince you to change it to something else?
      Tag Team

Comment

I was about to delete my post.
        I thought it was just me ...
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

it is really scary

Comment

My radiator had a leak, but it was from a crack on the top plastic part. (Seems to be a common problem among 1st gens) I replaced it with a metal top one from an automatic.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

damn it aint that bad, leave a mans avatar alone.
              James G.
              sobe83@yahoo.com
              AIM: DVS 323BPT
              MySpace
              Cardomain
              <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

i like that avatar
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

goldpro ,if you are going to use an auto rad and it has the tranny coole in it ,could you not use that cooler as an engine oil cooler . Just athought

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                  Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                  Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                  MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                  Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                  P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

OK well, I just picked a random icon, and that one caught my eye. If it offends annyone lemme know and I will change it.

Well, I went and replaced that radiator that nite.

The bottom plastic was cracked and leaking. Only took me like an hour total to replace. $107 dollars out the door for both the lower radiator hose and the new radiator. I got a friend that works for an auto parts store. Was gonna be $149 for just the radiator if I walked in alone.

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
                      goldpro ,if you are going to use an auto rad and it has the tranny coole in it ,could you not use that cooler as an engine oil cooler . Just athought
                      I thought the same thing, but more along the lines of a water/oil cooled turbo.
                      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

did yall know i want a turbo? just making sure

Comment

violence is cool

93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

lol
                            so divided, some like it some hate it. I ned to make a post with a poll of whether or not to change it.

Comment

Working...
                            X