Windows take a year to roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows take a year to roll

hey guys i was wondering if you could diagnose a slight problem for me....

im sure it happens in all cars, but it seems really bad on mine. When i try to roll down/up all the windows in my car at once, you can hear all the motors/servos/whateverisinthere not roll the windows as fast. also, the park lights dim too. if i try to use the sunroof in all of this mess, it gets worse again.

thoughts on solutions?

btw when using 1 window at a time the roll up/down speed is acceptable
    Tag Team

replace the motor... what I had to do in my dads blazer

Comment

Don't do all four at the same time. The wiring probably wasn't made for it, and it takes up too much power from the 65 amp alternator.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

have your batt and alt checked at autozone to make sure you have proper voltage as well.
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

what Charles said....in any car it's not a good idea to roll down all the windows at once and adding the sunroof to the mix is just asking for smoke...seriously, the wires and especially the switches are not made for that kind of current and could infact start to burn/smoke.

Lube up the window tracks and motor gears and roll 2 windows at the most at one time.

Comment

ok thanks for the info guys. i've checked out my battery w a voltmeter and runs 13v with the car turned off.

i guess i'll have to roll 2 windows at a time then... but man on hot sunny days i just hold my palm over the window panel and have them all start goin down at once with one hand, and the ohter hand flips the switch for the sunroof .... ahhh breezy!
            Tag Team

Comment

Yeah, even in the owner's manual (or at least my 99) it says not to roll up more than two at a time because it may blow a fuse.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

You can feel the power take a hit on mine when you roll down more than one at once. Too little juice available, never had that issue on vehicles with bigger alternators (ie. bigger motors).
                2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
                1983 F-150 351W

Comment

I never have a problem with rolling down my windows.

Human power... w00t
                  ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                    I never have a problem with rolling down my windows.

Human power... w00t
                    Me too w00t

Comment

Working...
                    X