Hello 90 protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello 90 protege

hey there everyone. I'll try to make this short and sweet. I bought myself a protege about a month ago (4th one ive owned). i got it in victoria Bc. when i got it it had ALOT of body damage. but engine and interior was clean so was a good buy for me. its the Gt version 1.8 dohc and the five speed. its a full load even with ice cold ac. the plans for it are simple as of now fix the body. so far ive done ALL the prep work on the rear sides, roof, trunk and hood. next step im going to do the passanger side fender and doors. this is a daily driver so i do one panel @ a time for prep until its ready to go for paint!! i have also done a glass conversion on the moonroof the metal panel just didnt look good to me. the colors i have picked are simple but well worth it. its gonna have the same white base w/ a blue candy pearl. after that is all done i will work on the interior (open to suggestions) i wont paint the dash or interior some wild colors just thinking about leather and clean classic look. I am looking for a white gauge kit all the ones i have found are in mph i need a canadian model set if anyone knows of any shoot me a link or email plz. i have a cardomain site set up showing off all the pics and work ive done take a look and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by 90prtege; 12-09-2007, 06:43 PM.
    Check out the Pics
    sigpic
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
    Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

I will always give credit where credit is due. You are doing an awsome job. Keep it up.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks alot its a work in progress but Its ALL WORTH IT
      Check out the Pics
      sigpic

Comment

yellow primer? never seen that stuff before

Comment

you can get primer in MANY different shades this just happens to be the best stuff for imperfect body's to find dings and dents.(what i was told) it is a polyester filler primer after the etching primer is layed down i went with 2 coats of this stuff. the body shop who is helping me do the prep work swears by this stuff and wont use any other color *shrugs* i was kinda skeptical at first myself but im not a painter im a mechanic. im doing most of the sanding and prep work myself to save money!!!! so far its turned out great and its working fine.
          Check out the Pics
          sigpic

Comment

oh i see, hope it turns out good

Comment

Working...
            X