Can turn a FWD 323 into AWD 323 turbo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can turn a FWD 323 into AWD 323 turbo??

Can turn a FWD 323 car into AWD 323 turbo car ??And if you can how?I want build one ,or buy one alright builded...Or trade my Rx7 for one too..

not to be an ass, but I hate posts like this. its just waste. How long were you a member before asking the question?
    The answer is SEARCH. this has been asked too many times, hashed too many times, and isn't worth the correct answer, only sarcasm.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Iam sure that you can but dont know if you bolt on the AWD driveshaft because the FWD 323 might not have the tunnel under the car for it..and if it can fit under the car ,I cant find the AWD turbo driveshaft anywhere all I found was the turbo engine and tranny...

Comment

Originally posted by vampbloodraven View Post
        Iam sure that you can but dont know if you bolt on the AWD driveshaft because the FWD 323 might not have the tunnel under the car for it..and if it can fit under the car ,I cant find the AWD turbo driveshaft anywhere all I found was the turbo engine and tranny...
        seriously, it has been covered from many angles, a few looks at worklogs will show that yes it can be done, but no its not bolt on or cheap or easy.
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
          not to be an ass, but I hate posts like this. its just waste. How long were you a member before asking the question?
          The answer is SEARCH. this has been asked too many times, hashed too many times, and isn't worth the correct answer, only sarcasm.
          I can see you sitting behind that desk reading and yuor face tuning red thinking "fkn search damnit" at the top of every page there's even an anouncment asking to search before asking questions.

On a serious note, like md323 said it will take a lot of money but it can be done.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

So which one would be cheaper to do??

Comment

buy one, import it from canada or get one from one of the million island countries in the Caribbeans as they got them too.
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
                can i use a different engine in my 323 besides the b6?

edit. i was thinking maybe a rols royce straight 8?
                Next!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5l1mm View Post
                  can i use a different engine in my 323 besides the b6?

edit. i was thinking maybe a rols royce straight 8?

gdammit you. never mock me again! lol
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

side pipe the exhaust & you can. there isn't enough room for a driveshaft & exhaust in the fwd tunnel. the gas tank will have to be removed (maybe you can put the awd one in doubt it tho. probably a fuel cell option
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                    X