Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

What is your club all about and how do you join?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your club all about and how do you join?

Hey i'm from wisconsin actually last year i went to the U of M twincities but am not currentally going there. Non the less there are like no proteges or mazdas for that matter around here so i was wondering if one could join your club and perhaps one of you in the athority could explain to be what you all do.
    real drivers accelerate for the corners

Most of us sit at our computers like losers and talk about what we're going to do to our cars when we finally have the money. Not that we have the money very often... but it's nice to think we will someday.

Or maybe that's just me...

I also have the only protege in my area (actually there's some little old lady that has one pretty close to mine, but I modified it enough that I can pretend it's not the same thing). It's a little more difficult to get help with things because nobody can come by and actually show you how to do it, but it's still good for asking questions.

Edit: I'm not actually anyone with authority either, just giving my two cents.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jnorion
      [B](actually there's some little old lady that has one pretty close to mine, but I modified it enough that I can pretend it's not the same thing).

Haha, Me too. Michigan sucks, everyone's about big blocks. So bad a kid here has an LS1 in a third gen RX-7.
      I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

lol dam them for thinking bigger is always better
        real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

If you're lucky enough to live in Florida or California where it seems just about every other member is, there are meets you can go to. If you live way the hell out in the middle of nowhere like I do, there's not much to do except mess around with your car and tell everyone what you did.

Comment

Actually, theres alot of us here, I see pro's all the time. Most of them aren't in our group but at least they know its a great car. The best in class even. Oh and buy the way I hit a curb recently and caused $2,000 worth of damage to mine, no bent rim thank God cause I have 5zigen's on but I broke my power steering rack and wheel bearing, no biggie thats why I have insurance. I have to say though I have to give up buying parts for a while cause I have way to many EXPENSIVE hobbies. Does anyone own a motorcycle?, cause in the summer I would like to go on trips or rides with this group since I havent even met anyone yet. I bought it for many reasons but one good one was to keep miles off the protege.

Comment

Like the others have said, most of us dream of doing things to our cars. The simple mods/most common in our group is air intake, exhaust, springs, and stereos.

This just in: I now have access to an air compressor.

There are a few people in the Twin Cities, including myself how would help with part install if you need help.

We have meet with an average of ten cars. The best part is always the cruse. We try to find some twisty roads and we race "caravan style" around the roads. We try to use 2 way radios in case we get seperated.

This just in: I got a pair of two way radios for Christmas.

BTW: there is at least one guy who comes from Duluth, if you live by there, and the farthest anyone has come was Fargo, ND.
              "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

Comment

FYI: Meet at Como Park June 12th, 5pm, bring food and 2way radios.
                "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

Comment

Working...
                X