picking up a 94 dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picking up a 94 dx

as many know, i'm running into some probs with my 92 and finally i'm picking up a 94 dx.

i had a question ( did a search already )

how paintfull to swap my cluster from lx to dx?

and maybe power mirrors?
    and cruise?
    Current Cars
    94 DX, 97 Corolla
    Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

**** Yeah!!! represent the 94 dx baby.... Talk to Cablemirc, the site owner, I believe he has a DX and is doing those sort of upgrades.

Peace,
    Ameen
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

i dont think the physical swapping of the cluster will be hard; its connecting the tach that requires knowledge.
      Tag Team

Comment

Other way around. Sometimes getting the cluster out is hard, but the tach will plug right in. The low fuel light on it doesn't work though, I believe, due to the fuel sender being different. You have to take off the trim around it, and then lower the steering wheel. If you can't get the steering wheel low enough loosen (or remove) the 4 bolts that hold up the wheel and lower it until you can get the cluster out. There are people who have done this more times than I have so I'm sure they can clarify if that isn't good enough.

For power mirrors you will need to switch the harnesses in the door, which isn't especially easy, but it's doable I suppose.

I wouldn't even bother trying with the cruise control.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

take pics if u decide to do this swap
          NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Originally posted by charles
            The low fuel light on it doesn't work though, I believe, due to the fuel sender being different.
            i have the canadian version of the lx which is basically a 92 soch with power options minus a/c. if the engine is the same, would the fuel sender be the same?
            92 sohc vs a 94 sohc?
            Current Cars
            94 DX, 97 Corolla
            Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

ALI

swapping out the cluster is easy. MazdaRacer has a HOW TO on his site (I'll post the link when I find it) I can give you a hand if you need it. I am north of TO

The mirrors should be easy too, but I havent tried the cruise swap yet. I think I would stay away from it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ali vegas
                  i have the canadian version of the lx which is basically a 92 soch with power options minus a/c. if the engine is the same, would the fuel sender be the same?
                  92 sohc vs a 94 sohc?
                  I don't really remember off-hand. It's from a post on protegeclub a long time ago that I get this information. If it doesn't work, just watch the gauge carefully.

I want to hear from somebody else who has tried the power mirror swap about the difficulty. I have no idea how to unplug the door harness without damaging it.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i did a full break down of the interior to get Dave his power options. you will have to find the full door, and the go from there. Pull everyting out of the donor, and then plug it back in.

youy might as well convert to power windows/locks because theya re all on the same harness. this is a pita. you will need to pull a floor wire that runs from the dash to the "B" pillar if you want back door power options.
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                    X