January 2008 ROTM - masterbanter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2008 ROTM - masterbanter

I remember when he came around with his mx-3, and it wasn't anything too special to begin with, but now it's a beautiful & fast car.

I'd like to be the first to congradulate him on ROTM!

This is a video my wife put together of the MX3
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...74000746f7.htm

ENGINE
    Stock internal BP with BPT manifolds and vj20 turbo, BP26 cams, BP26 ECU, Ebay FMIC, HKS SSQV BOV, Pacesetter catback, RX7 Vaf, MSD SCI ignition, 10mm Magnecor wires and XSturbo MBC.

Drivetrain
    SPEC stage 2 clutch kit, with F-series tranny ( I have the complete Gseries swap with ZOOM stage 3 clutch kit , Energy suspension mount inserts sitting in my back room)

Suspension
    KYB GR2, H&R springs, GS lower tie bar, Front and rear strut bars, and GS sway bar swap

Brakes
    Complete MX-3 GS disc brake conversion

Interior
    Completely stock

Stereo
    Alpine head, JBL doors, JBL 12 sub, JBL 300 watt amp mono, JBL 4x50 amp

Exterior
    GS front lip and rear mudguards ( have no updated pics as of yet)

Wheels/Tires
    17 inch Flik Blast on Toyo Proxes 205/40 tires

About the car and me
    When I first purchased my MX3 it was for gas saving purposes. As we all know after Katrina the gas prices shot up. So after I deployed back from Iraq I needed a good beater and the MX was the ticket (with its 1.6L).
    While surfing the net I found a local group of guys that owned MX3s (MOCA), while hanging out with them I was hooked on the ability to modify my MX. At first I had little funds to feed the addiction. I ran my MX in its stock form for the most part. Now you need to understand I didn't reenlist back into the Army and was entering college to become Automotive Tech, so this project has been slow going.
    The first major mod was the Pacesetter exhaust, cheap Ebay coil overs (later swapping in the H&R springs and KYB struts) and strut tower bars. Next I found a GS MX in the local J/Y with the complete disc swap, lower tie bar, and GS swaybars. That was about it for awhile till I had to sell my last project (lifted 95 Tahoe on 35s). With some of the leftover cash I bought a BPT GTX engine. The first swap was a real pain ( for at least me, first engine swap ever), with wiring the BPT wiring and ECU into the MX.
    Now the first swap didnt turn out like I wanted it too. While on a road trip to the in laws it took a poop. Sending a connecting rod out the block. Now I was in panic mode because the MX3 was my daily driver. Calling around a found a cheap BP ($350) in the same local J/Y i found the GS in. Now I am very happy the BPT lost its guts and the BP went in the MX. The BP engine feels alot stronger and more responsive.
    My future plans are to swap in my G-series swap (when I get time), Megasquirt, Superpro bushing upgrade and custom downpipe.

I want to thank MOCA for putting the idea that the MX could be a great sports car and for ClubProtege for having such great people and good info. With out these 2 forums I would of never had the info I needed for this swap.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

congrats

Comment

Congratulations!! What a sweet ride!! You deserve it!
      miss my '93 LX at every corner
      photo album
      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Congrats
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Congrats

Congrats! Your hard work deserves it!

Comment

Congrats!!! its been along time in the contest im glad you finally won
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Congrats nice car
              Jason
              Yes Its 4wd woot woot
              sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

congrats man! definitely a well done car!

Comment

Received my stickers yesterday. Thanks everyone that voted for me. There will be plenty more modifications in the future ( I have most in some boxes just need another dd)
                  Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

pictures of the decals installed??
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Installed, not the best pics.

Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

werd, they are still on they match well with the paint

Comment

Looks good mang. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                          X