AWR Engine Mounts for bj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWR Engine Mounts for bj

I recently installed a complete set of engine mounts from AWR racing purchased through Corksport. I have the stiffest durometer from and rear mounts as well as the inserts for the side mounts. I am extremely pleased with thier quality however there are some issues that are in NO way either company's fault.

I originally installed just the front and side mounts due to a power outage at the shop where I was working. These 3 mounts alone decreased engine movement substianally and there was a measurable improvement in shifting as well. In addition to this the increase in vibration was small and perfectly within reason. Today I installed the rear mount and the increase in noise and vibration was HUGE. I did not notice much in the way of increased performance from this mount either. The vibration and noise are barely tolerable does anyone know if using a softer rear mount or the factory mount would put excess strain on the other mounts?
    Last edited by Flyboy87; 01-07-2008, 08:33 PM.

Does anybody know if any of the AWR mounts would work with on the BG?
    Last edited by Silentbob343; 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM.
    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

thats the thing that comes with using a solid mount or insert you get vibrations

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
        thats the thing that comes with using a solid mount or insert you get vibrations
        I think he understands that and wants to know if he can remove one of the AWR mounts that is causing the bulk of NVH without putting undo stress on the other mounts.

To the OP: I suggest you email them and see what they have to a say about running some of their mounts with stock mounts. I don't think it will cause any issues though.
        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

alot of people preferr the softer rear mount... as it supposedly does cause excessive vibrations, i've never witnessed it so im unable to say.

note the rear engine mount makes a significant difference as the motor TQ's towards the radiator
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

There are 2 different durometers (stiffness) for the motor mounts. You would probably be a little happier with the durometer made for the automatic transmissions. It's a little softer. I would also give the rear mount a few weeks to break in. They do settle in a little over the first few weeks. The rear mount is the most important, though, as that is the direction the motor torques when under load. It is also the only mount that is directly bolted to the front subframe. That's why you feel it more.

Comment

Yeh I have the stiffest AWR motor mounts at all 4 sides. The vibration is a bit excessive but really only when you are at idle....moreover when your have the A/C on and your at a traffic light idling is when you feel it the worst. But a worthy investment......Think of it as a nice back massage while your stopped. lol

Comment

i'll all for free massages in my car
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                X