Msp Detonation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msp Detonation?

I went to the dyno yesterday and had some serious pinging when the fuel goes off the chart rich around 5500. I'm not sure what could be causing this. From my understanding, detonation occurs from a lean condition, not a rich condition. Would a fuel pressure reducer, or a fuel pressure regulator fix this problem? It's driving me nuts trying to figure out how to fix this thing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tommy
    2003.5 Titanium MSP; Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges; Autometer guage pod; custom 3" exhaust dumped over rear axle (no muffler); Apex 2.5" downpipe; Greddy Manual Boost Controller; Hidden Hitch; Dunlop FM901 tires; white headlight strobes

talk to Cullen and tell him that I sent you

Does your car have the reflash? I've heard that with the advanced timing of the flash it may ping.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I moved the thread since it is engine related

Comment

I am flashed, but it was doing it a 9psi, as well as at stock boost levels. That is what is confusing me. I know detonation occurs from a lean mixture, but the a/f is off the charts rich. I will post the graph as soon as I have time to scan it in.
        2003.5 Titanium MSP; Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges; Autometer guage pod; custom 3" exhaust dumped over rear axle (no muffler); Apex 2.5" downpipe; Greddy Manual Boost Controller; Hidden Hitch; Dunlop FM901 tires; white headlight strobes

Comment

What grade of octane gas are you using?
          Randy
          Sand Mica
          2002.5 ES A/T
          Texas Spokes Sports Car Club
          HS 26

Comment

have you gone to colder plugs? the factory plugs burn very hot for applications with upped boost.

Comment

I am using 93 octane, and I have one-step colder plugs. I plan on taking the plugs out tomorrow to see if there are any signs of detonation. And I will post the dyno sheet as soon as I figure out how to.

Comment

you can e-mail me the dyno sheet and I will post it for you. PM me if interested.

Comment

Working...
                X