rx7 air flow meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rx7 air flow meter

so i bought a non turbo afm for my egt. i put a cone on the end of it and connected it but now when i turn it on it dies right away. i kinda broke my old one so i cant put it back on. i read that the rx7s fit good. what am i doin wrong?
    -Oscar

lol
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

did you hook up the iac valve hose back to the intake

Comment

this is what i used for my intake before i installed the turbo
        Last edited by smoke187; 01-11-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

i put another small cone on the one that comes off the valvecover. it was runnin fine with it like that untill i put the rx7 maf sensor on. i can have it run now but it dies when i accelerate and the check engine lite is comming on. plus theres a clickin noise now around the injecters and cover. im not sure why.
          -Oscar

Comment

plus your image didnt come up
            -Oscar

Comment

did you take the circuit board out of yours and put it in the rx-7 one?
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

no i didnt think i would have to
                -Oscar

Comment

I thought you had to switch it out, but i've only owned a BG for a month so i'm not 100% sure

Comment

i did some research and it didnt say anything about switching it out. its acually gives more power in the high rpms. so im guessing you dont need to. but then again im not sure either
                    -Oscar

Comment

check the wire going to the ECU with a volt meter. I think you want like 3-3.2v

Comment

You might just have a bad afm. No you don't have to switch the boards. Mazkid did that on a mx6 afm. The rx7 afm has to be tuned.

Here's what happens with a simple search
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i plan to do the same after i get my wideband in im lazy

Comment

i will try that this weekend. thanks for the advise and search Turpro
                            -Oscar

Comment

Working...
                            X