Need advice Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice Soon!

I have in mi 1.8lx, a 4 to one long header, also some grinded cams 272 duration, an here in Panama we dont have regulation about the emissions, so im running with no cat now the big deal is that i will like to know wich is the right exhaust size for the things that i have on the engine, abviously getting the best of my engine, and i need it soon, because we have a drag race on sunday! and some couple of neons guy are waiting to be smoke by a protto, so i have to take the best of the engine!
    Son in name of the BP005 help me!
    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

I would say that 2" to 2 1/4" is your best bet. Anything above 2 1/4" will be useless as you're not pushing that much additional power.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

yea 2.25" is the biggest you should go for your application
      Eat ****.

Comment

i see that you have cams listed, im guessing those cams are designed for top end?? if so get 2.25" header back with a fart cannon, it'll be loud but u said your going drag racing...
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

likewise, what you have is perfect, 2 inch pipe is perfect, except if you're running crush bent exhaust and not mandrel bends, i'd just your piping to 2 1/4 crush bent JUST to be sure.
          peace

Comment

sorry sir!, but what does , crush bend and mandrel bend means?
            94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

Crush bent has "ribs" in the bend, mandrel bend is a clean smooth bend. Mandrel bends tend to flow better because of their design.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Thanks i think i have mandrel, no ribs just smooth!, ok so i will go for the 2 inches... how much is the standard pipe size that comes in the proto?

Comment

ok crush bent is not the one with ribs, that is crimp bent iirc. cruch bent is where they "crush" your pipe into shape. mendrel is the best possible shape, in that the pipe maintains its diameter through the bend. unlike crush and crimp. mendrel bent exaust is almost always a custom job. and mazda never came with a stock mendrel bent exaust.
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                    ok crush bent is not the one with ribs, that is crimp bent iirc. cruch bent is where they "crush" your pipe into shape. mendrel is the best possible shape, in that the pipe maintains its diameter through the bend. unlike crush and crimp. mendrel bent exaust is almost always a custom job. and mazda never came with a stock mendrel bent exaust.
                    gotcha. so crush bent would be the type that is "dimpled" on the inside of the bend, crimp bent is the type with the "ribs".
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

ok but i run with no cat! if i do the crush tipe, with a 2 1/4 pipe, would i loose torque?, i have no restriction at all!

Comment

heyy LocoR..mandrel is like the work that "Los Cachimbos" makes here. crush is the commonly work that u find in all the garages here.

the difference between is "how they bend it".

Comment

Damnn that's a huge friking noise! damn i hate that sound that too loud, but on the track, it worked well, i ended the 1/4 mile in 3 gear almost in the redline! for me thats better than the last time!, so right now i will put a resonator i dont know how you call over there, to keep the noise a little bit low and add a little bit of torque!, also ims thinking on porting the tb!, wich is the size of the tb and how much i can port it with mi apllications!

Comment

how much sizes ?

Comment

BTW..where u bought ur exhaust ?

Comment

Working...
                              X