I'm bAAAaaack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm bAAAaaack...

Well, probably nobody remembers me, but back in 2002 I traded in my 1995 Z24 and bought at 2002 P5. After 2 years of joy with the car, I got a new job with a great raise that allowed me to trade in my P5 for a 2003 350Z Track Pack. And then after a 3 years I got a promotion and picked up my "practical" dream car, a 2002 Porsche 996 (911) Carrera 2. As this was a Summer-only car, I picked up a cheap winter beater, a 2004 Cavalier... and sure missed my P5.

This past fall, my GF's car (2004 Grand Am) got rear-end & written off when it was parked on the street. She asked me what kind of car... easy answer... Mazda Protege. So she picked up a 2003 LX, and I'm back cuz I have to tweak... Today I'll be swapping out the battery.

Sorry about the "file photos" for the Z24 and P5, my hard drive crashed yesterday and I'm still am still trying to recover them. The pic of her car's really dirty, but that's the reality of winters in Manitoba... I'll try to get it cleaned up today and post a better pic.

Cheers,

Joe
    Attached Files
    2003 Mazda Protege LX - GF's car.
    2004 Chevy Cavalier - My practical car.
    2002 Porsche 911 - My other "practical" car

nice line of cars!

Comment

o ya, well ive owned an 1988 honda accord, 1990 ford probe and now i have a 94 protege. so
      1993 Protege SE

Comment

Thanks...

I'm not trying to start a pissing match... just kinda funny how life's changed a whole bunch, yet I'm back in the land of Protege's again. AND if anybody does remember me, I thought I'd give a quick update.

I wish I had my 2002 P5 still, so much more car than the cavalier.
        Last edited by Lerxst; 01-20-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome back
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Welcome back

Just goes to show you, if you've owned a protege at all no matter what you get in the long run(even a sweet ass 911) the protege never leaves your mind.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

lol, u kno i was jut kidding man. those are some wicked cars tho
              1993 Protege SE

Comment

It's all good Brown Just wanted to clear the air in case people were taking my update the wrong way. It's crazy how people react differently to me since I changed cars... I make it of point not to tell people about the car, except on the forums, cuz I'd like to think we're auto enthusiasts and I personally like to hear about everyone's rides.

Cheers...
                Last edited by Lerxst; 01-21-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

ahaha, no theres deffinately a difference between how ur showing your cars and how some others like to show theirs off.

i was at a party once and a guy showed up in his corvette. he actually asked me to move my car out of the driveway so he didn't have to park on the road. after i told him he should've arrived earlier...he left. lol

you're on a car forum, why wouldnt you post your ride?
                  Last edited by brownj218; 01-21-2008, 06:41 PM. Reason: added thought :)
                  1993 Protege SE

Comment

Working...
                  X