need help with ms options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with ms options

ready to order my ms but don't know what option i need for this is the first time dealing with ms or standalone period.

i am shooting for the 500hp range and was wondering what options are neccessary. i want the 4 coil setup and maybe boost control but other that that not sure. 1.8 bp setup 91protege
    86 626 5dr- f2t swap, holset, and love of my life
    89 323 3dr- saving gas stock
    91 323 3dr- full race coming soon
    92 protege- test mule for now
    87 supra- sick not dead, i need more boost
    96 740il- smoked out on stgd 20s, no chrome
    and so many other cars

The way to tell the difference between an automotive enthusiast and a
    person who only loves what they drive is simple. The use of the word RICER!!!

I'd say MS2. But do your research!! I can't stress that enough. I hope you have another car to drive. Shooting for 500 is a fairly lofty goal. It doable but your going to need a HUGE turbo, strong ass rod and better pistons at least. And you'll be going through trannys like candy.

What's your budget?

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

transportation is not an issue by any means and the build will be done while enjoying the stock bp on boost (this is a track car only). t3/t04e stage 3 is what is in my plans for now but i only want to buy one turbo not one for the stock bp and then another when the other engine is built. i know there is a big difference between full race and stock boost. i am ready to buy the standalone now and in two weeks the turbo and these are the final two components.
      86 626 5dr- f2t swap, holset, and love of my life
      89 323 3dr- saving gas stock
      91 323 3dr- full race coming soon
      92 protege- test mule for now
      87 supra- sick not dead, i need more boost
      96 740il- smoked out on stgd 20s, no chrome
      and so many other cars

The way to tell the difference between an automotive enthusiast and a
      person who only loves what they drive is simple. The use of the word RICER!!!

Comment

Sounds like some lofty plans. Like it was said, do your research and start from understanding the megamanual (http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm). If you would like to have things explained to you, and help with any of the installation, building, tuning of the MS, let me know personally - we offer these services as part of my company with lots of experience behind megasquirt on a BP.

Comment

Working...
        X