New member from Ottawa, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Ottawa, Canada

Hi there! I just picked up a 97 Protege SE as a winter beater, and thought this looked like a good place to learn about this little car. I have a few questions about the car, so I'll be making good use of the search function in the next couple of weeks.
    Cheers!

the search function: Proper N. 1. A highly useful tool. 2. Something grossly under-used.

Welcome to the club! there's quite a few Canadians around you, we look forward to what you bring to the dinner table (and what we can serve!)
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Hello eh

Winter beater and protege are in the same sentence? What's the summer car?
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Turpro: sorry, I'll call it my "Y-ROUV" (year-round occasional use vehicle) from now on *lol*.

My job has me driving new cars 90% of the time, so I picked up the Protege to get me around when I don't have a new one to drive. I've had it for all of a day and a half, but I think it'll do the trick. It's got about 103,000 miles (or 171,000 km, eh), automatic tranny, some cosmetic rust and a small hole in the exhaust somewhere near the flexpipe (far as I can tell), and it runs a little rough when it's cold, but other than that, it's pretty solid. I've always liked these second-gen Proteges.

Comment

Working...
        X