Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal sway bar setup? (Mainly for autoX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal sway bar setup? (Mainly for autoX)

Please post your thoughts and/or experiences w/the above setups.

If you have alternate ideal setups, post that too.

Thanks!
    stock front & stock rear
    14.29%
    stock front & Suspension Techniques rear
    28.57%
    Suspension Techniques front & Suspension Techniques rear
    42.86%
    Suspension Techniques front & Quickor (1") rear
    14.29%
    Last edited by mike_moss; 12-16-2003, 02:13 PM.
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

You autocorss right? I am currently running an ST rear sway bar with my stock sway bar in front and I am really happy with the way the car feels. Out of the options you listed above, the Suspension Techniques front & Suspension Techniques rear combo is probably the best. If you race often then maybe the 1" Quickor bar will be a good addition although it'll be hard finding one as they stopped making them a while back.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

As for alternate setups, this thread might give you some ideas...

'91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

well the biggest swaybar combination that you can get unless you getcustom parts would be...

zx2-stock front swaybar
        ST front add-on bar

quikor 1" rear bar.

throught what i have heard i would not use the quickor 1" rear bar unless it was possible to run with strengthend lateral links and a better way for the bar to be held up with brackets...

all in all it all is determined by how much $$ you have.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes, mainly for autoX, but I like a good handling car all the time (who doesn't?).

You can buy them from Quickor directly. Though it's quite expensive at ~$190USD.

I'm trying to figure out if stock front ST rear will give similar feel (for cheaper $$$) than the more expensive option of ST front and Quickor rear.
          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

What springs and struts are you using?

I run the stock front bar with the ST rear bar, poly endlinks and poly frame mounts with H&R MX3 springs/ZX2 struts

The car feels very neutral and well balanced, but lacks max front end grip due to not enough neg camber. It will push and it will dance, but really only when provoked.

The H&R MX3 springs are the stiffest of them, so if your using something softer, maybe the ST front and rear might work out well.

Comment

Addco could be added to the list as well, since thats another option!

Comment

I'm planing on run with the ST front and rear. I like the idea of a compound front bar. That way you can stock bar, just the ST bar, no bar or both depending on the conditions.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
                98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

WTF this thread is 4 year old.

Comment

HOLY ****... I didn't even look at that.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
                    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

do votes bump threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Onehalfasia View Post
                        do votes bump threads?
                        yea... was it you?

Comment

Working...
                        X